Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really bad battery since OneUI 5 on S22 Ultra

(Topic created on: 29-11-2022 06:13 PM)
GeneraalSpeknek
First Poster
Options

Hi there,

Since the other threads on this are a bit bad I was wondering if anyone already found a fix. Since OneUI 5 my SOT went from 5-6 hours to barely 2 hours.

So far I've tried:

• Wiping the cache
  • Run the App Booster
  • Factory Reset
  • Disable UWB

But those don't seem to work. It really seems like OneUI 5 is the culprit here, since my usage didn't change a bit.

I've had contact with Samsung about this, and they said they didn't know anything. Now they want to take my phone in for a repair which would take 10 days. But the problem is that I don't have a spare phone laying around and I don't want to Factory Reset again. Does anyone have a workaround for this?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Just as a process of elimination can you try Safe Mode @GeneraalSpeknek 

Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
KevP79
Voyager
Options
I've not noticed any change in battery duration on my s21 FE,
Have you checked the battery usage under device care to see if you have any applications draining your device.

A few months ago, I had bad drain issues, and paypal of all things was the culprit.

I hope you get to the bottom of it.
0 Likes
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options
2 hours?? That's very bad 🫣

I got 6hrs40mins yesterday, which I must admit is a rare thing.

I usually get around 5 hours, but some days I get more.

Try switching on the Adaptive Power Saver option, and see if it makes a difference.

Screenshot_20221129_010411_Device care.jpg

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
I don't have any battery issue with my S22ultra in fact since my Android 13 update it tends to be a bit better. I get more than 6 hours before I top up. It also depends on what your screen time is and what apps you are running, Facebook is one of the worse for battery usage as some other ones do.
GeneraalSpeknek
First Poster
Options

I've tried that, it drains just a tiny bit slower, but I can't use any apps while using it so that makes sense. Doesn't seem to help unfortunately.

0 Likes
GeneraalSpeknek
First Poster
Options

Tried that too. Now just shows 2 apps. Snapchat and a News app. Snapchat used 0.1% and the news app used 0.6%. SOT is 8 minutes and screen off is 12 minutes. Already drained 6%.

0 Likes
GeneraalSpeknek
First Poster
Options

Yup, it's really bad unfortunately. I tried the power saving. Unfortunately not working.

0 Likes
GeneraalSpeknek
First Poster
Options

Now just shows 2 apps. Snapchat and a News app. Snapchat used 0.1% and the news app used 0.6%. SOT is 8 minutes and screen off is 12 minutes. Already drained 6%.

0 Likes
jas123456
Pathfinder
Options
I having the same issue on the s21 plus
0 Likes