Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

RCS not working / sending forever

(Topic created on: 25-04-2022 03:13 PM)
BasicZero
Pioneer
Options
Hi, I use the RCS messaging in Samsung messages. And recently nothing has been sending on WiFi or data. Its always been sending SMS message. I switched over to Google Messages and tried to see if it would work there but it said it was connecting for a day. Today I went onto it again and I sent a message when it said I was chatting to someone on RCS and the message just kept sending and didn't do anything else. Forcing me to send an SMS.
Anyone else have this issue?

(Update, the message finally sent on Google messages but nothing on Samsung Messages)
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I've experienced this. The solution is to turn off chat features and wait 8 days before turning it back on. During this waiting time your phone gets deregistered from the chat server.
Don't be tempted to try within the 8 days because it resets the clock.
Fortunately, it rarely happens.

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I think RCS only works if both sender and recipient are on RCS. It maybe a case that who you sending to isn't using RCS therefore switched to sms

Example would be the recipient may have no access to data where they are at the time of you sending
0 Likes
BasicZero
Pioneer
Options
The people I've been messaging have RCS on, so I'm not sure what it is.
0 Likes
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I've experienced this. The solution is to turn off chat features and wait 8 days before turning it back on. During this waiting time your phone gets deregistered from the chat server.
Don't be tempted to try within the 8 days because it resets the clock.
Fortunately, it rarely happens.
BasicZero
Pioneer
Options
Thank you
MBCyriac
Explorer
Options

i have the same issue actually with my samsung galaxy s22 ultra , the RCS was working until i downloaded the google message to try the beta version , i have deleted caches and disable google message, still i can get back my RCS in samsung message. So sad

0 Likes