Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor phone signal on S22 ultra

(Topic created on: 03-02-2024 07:35 PM)
DarealDD
Journeyman
Options

Hey folks, does anyone seem to know what could be the issue with my device?

It's quite frustrating having to deal with loss of signal each day. 

I have attempted the following approach:

1) Replaced the physical SIM for a new one.

2) Turn On and Off airplane mode (several times each day)

2) Reset the network (this was a temporary fix)

3) Cleared cache partition 

My Galaxy Watch 4 Active recently disconnected from the phone more than 5 times each day. 

I wiped the cache partition and reset the Watch. Though that did fix the Watch issue. 

It's really frustrating. Samsung what's up?

Galaxy S22 Ultra 

55 REPLIES 55
JBBeck
Student
Options
This may be the solution you have all been looking for... The antenna flex cable is an integral part of the antenna system. It has press studs with tiny pins that connect the two boards. When you open the back of the phone you can see it there. One of these studs doesn't connect well and is easily damaged. This is a known common fault on the S22 Ultra. The replacement takes seconds once the back is off. Any repair shop can order the part and do it. It cost me only £60 for the repair. I had previously tried every remedy recommended on the internet and from my carrier and from Samsung. Now the reception is perfect and I have no further issues.20240216_092023_1000024595_1708075224.jpg
0 Likes
Bumblebee108
Journeyman
Options

Hey there.

You are correct on the easy fix,however, all of the phone repair Shops in my area said that they cannot order the part because the internal guts of the phone is all glued together. Upon research, my son found the antenna replacement parts online for $13, including the gasket to press the glass back together . It worked 😁

0 Likes
Members_O1URQEE
First Poster
Options

this phone abs waste of money, I have issues every where... I have even tried using same sim in my old phone oneplus which gives full signal but this phone always with no signal.. 

first time I came in to samsung, I will never ever buy samsung... waste of time and money

0 Likes
Members_O1URQEE
First Poster
Options

its shame that samsung is not even considering these as issues, i think samsung pays to these youtubes and they lie in the videos.. I have tried first time samsung by going over 10's of reviews... everything is lie..

- face detection always fails

- finger print not great

- contactless payment (NFC enabled) 6/10 times fails.

- mobile signal, this phone knows when to irritate users... abs

- I have tried few calls last year with contact centre, they say backup everything and go to nearest store. they dont thought we have only job in the world that is keep running around these guys.

0 Likes
Bumblebee108
Journeyman
Options

Order the antennas and the gasket for your phone online.  Open the back glass to replace them. The parts are 13$ .

Mine works like new after doing the replacement. 

None of the phone repair shops in my area said they could do it.

0 Likes
Buk1
First Poster
Options

I am in Canada and I have been experiencing this for over a month now. I have called Virgin mobile, called Samsung and nothing has been done. It's so sad that nothing has been done with all these messages here. I have been using Samsung for over 10 years now and this is so disappointing. The painful part for me is that I still have 9 months to go on my contract and paying for a phone damaged by Samsung is most annoying. Releasing an update to fix the issue may just solve it but then Samsung doesn't care. It's high time I moved to Apple  there is no point being loyal to this useless brand

0 Likes
RichUmali
First Poster
Options

I too am experiencing the same problem with my S22 Utra, I already tried all the suggestions in this thread but nothing helped. Last year, this happened already and after a few updates, the problem was fixed until I updated my phone last March 6, 2024, with the security patch on Feb 1, 2024. Now the only way I can make calls is via wifi calling. I just hope Samsung releases an update soon to fix this. 

0 Likes
Junie Bee
First Poster
Options

Yes, this worked for me as well! Bought it on Amazon for $7.99 plus tax, replaced it myself, and my phone is working flawlessly again. Some folks have also had issues with having burnt or damaged connectors on either the charging port board or motherboard where the flex cable connects. Motherboards, if needing replaced, run from $250 upwards to replace (just for the part), depending on the amount of memory you have/want. The charging port runs about $25 after taxes. I went ahead and ordered a new flex cable, charging port, and the other two antennas, just in case it was any of those. (Wanted to have them on standby while I had my phone opened up.) Around $60 total spent, but I only needed the $8 flex cable. I will keep the other parts though, just in case I should ever need them in the future, with now being confident in working on my phone myself. If you've tried all the other suggestions, definitely start with replacing or having the flex cable replaced next.

0 Likes
Desmond2
First Poster
Options

Stays the same. Bug in update. Please fix samsung.

0 Likes
callen6528
Journeyman
Options

I have the same issue. Went to Verizon and tried switching sims ect nothing seems to work. I will try the antenna next but this was definitely caused by the update its sad we have to risk our own phones opening them up to work on and Samsung won't release or pay for the fix to an issue their update caused.

0 Likes