Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone stops receiving texts, requires restart to resolve

(Topic created on: 29-09-2022 07:58 PM)
Burzmali
Apprentice
Options

Every day, at some point, my phone (Verizon S22 Ultra) stops receiving text messages. I have to restart the phone to receive texts again, and then a few hours later the issue reoccurs. After searching the internet, I've found other users are experiencing the same problem after the update at the beginning of September, and I'm pretty sure that's when my problems started as well. Is there an easy solution for this? I've already done the new update from September 28th, and the issue is still happening. How do I fix this?

Edit: I forgot to mention, this is in the US.

15 REPLIES 15
keith30
Maestro
Options
The October software update started to roll out from today in the US models so hopefully they may have a fix for it. I'm in the UK and so we don't have the same problems the US models have been experiencing for some reasons.
0 Likes
Burzmali
Apprentice
Options

I appreciate the response, but the update I installed yesterday was the October update. So at least for me, the issue is not fixed.

0 Likes
mjschmitt99
First Poster
Options

I am experiencing the same issue with not receiving texts periodically, have to restart to get to work.  The mobile service also does not always reconnect when going from a non-service area (basement of my office building) back into an in-service area.  Have to toggle airplane mode or restart to get mobile service to kick in again.  If there are any fixes to this, please advise. 

0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Are you all in the States? No such issue, on my device at least, in UK

0 Likes
Burzmali
Apprentice
Options

I am, yes. I'll update my post with that detail. Thanks.

0 Likes
Burg6
First Poster
Options

I really hope this gets fixed soon. My wife is having the same problem with her S21 FE 5G. She missed some very important texts today and only got them a few minutes ago. Her mom is having the same problem (Samsung Galaxy but not sure the model, also Verizon) and her cousin (S20 on T-Mobile). It's completely unreliable.

0 Likes
toontoon
First Poster
Options
I am in Uk and have to restart every day
white cloud
First Poster
Options

I got S22 for a few weeks and I have the same experience. Talked to verizon customer service and was told to reset network, turned off wifi, removed and reinserted sim card. The s22 works (verizon message) for a while then stops. To make the verizon message app working again I have to restart the phone. The text message is quick but the message with photo is slow.

0 Likes
autotechsys
First Poster
Options

My S21 FE 5G just started doing this on T-mobile within a month or so. I'm unable to send group messages without a reboot. As soon as phone turns back on it sends. 

0 Likes