Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Phone automatically disables wifi interface after connecting to network

(Topic created on: 25-08-2022 08:14 PM)
Caldor
Explorer
Options

I've written an answer in a similar thread, but in my case this is slightly different, so I thought I'd create a new thread for better visibility.

I have just bought a galaxy s22. Whatever wifi network I'm trying to connect to makes the phone turn off the wifi completely after just a few seconds. This behaviour is consistent. I've tried to connect to two different networks on my router (2 and 5Ghz) which work perfectly with 3 laptops and two other phones (iphone and galaxy s10), I've also tried to connect it to my S10 hotspot, but it always manifests in the same way.

There's no power saving on or anything like that. The phone is brand new. I've reset the network, then reset it to factory defaults but to no avail. I've also upgraded to the latest OS version from 1 August, but that also hasn't changed anything. The only way the internet works is through the mobile internet.

Any ideas if there's anything else I could do before returning it?

7 REPLIES 7
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Check if there is an app that manages WiFi. Some mobile providers include such apps which in turn can interfere 

Caldor
Explorer
Options

As far as I can see, there isn't. The phone is independent of any particular mobile providers, I've bought it from a distributor.

I get the same behaviour right from the beginning, from the setup wizard.

0 Likes
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Does it mean that you cannot do the phone setup?

Can you do the phone setup without connecting to wifi and then connect to wifi after?

Did you manage to update the firmware of the phone using data?

Technology enthusiast, but not related to any technological company.
0 Likes
Caldor
Explorer
Options

I did complete the setup offline.

The wifi behaves identically during and after the setup.

I upgraded to the latest os version (I'm guessing that's what you mean by 'firmware') using the mobile internet using a sim card.

0 Likes
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Did you try clearing the cache?

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to hook up to a Computer or insert your earphones to enter into recovery mode.

I think that the only one other thing to try. It looks like there might be a hardware fault with the phone and returning/swapping could be the solution.

Technology enthusiast, but not related to any technological company.
0 Likes
Caldor
Explorer
Options

Thanks for the suggestion, but I eventually decided to go service and see what they have to say, so I didn't have the chance to try out your solution. And yeah, I share your scepticism, I also think it's a hardware (or firmware) issue that cannot be solved by usual means.

I'll let you know when they contact me. They said I'd have an answer in a day's time more or less.

0 Likes
Solution
Caldor
Explorer
Options

Eventually they said that it couldn't be repaired and I got my money back. In the meantime I've ordered another one. Let's hope this one won't turn on at all.

0 Likes