Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI crashing on S22 ultra

(Topic created on: 11-03-2022 11:43 AM)
AndrewJ95
Explorer
Options
I have had my S22 ultra for almost 4 weeks now, but I'm having occasional issues with One UI. More specifically, when I unlock my phone the lock screen freezes, making the phone unresponsive, including the power button. After about a minute or so, the screen goes black before saying that One UI crashed. Once it's crashed, it relaunches itself and everything works fine for a while, but it is extremely annoying when it freezes and there is nothing I can do but wait for it to hopefully fix itself.

I have got the latest software (including the March security patch), but it is still occuring every now and then. I can't recall ever having this happen with my S10 Plus so it is not giving me a positive experience with Samsung's new 'flagship'.

Has anyone else experienced this with the S22 Ultra, and if so, have you managed to fix it?
70 REPLIES 70
Members_6Osqvoa
Student
Options

Done this over 100 times and no resolution in sight. Very disappointing Samsung to sell a device with severe stability issues. Product recall is needed

0 Likes
SanteriV
Journeyman
Options

@Members_6Osqvoa wrote:

Done this over 100 times and no resolution in sight. Very disappointing Samsung to sell a device with severe stability issues. Product recall is needed

Latest software update fixed this for me

0 Likes
Jeff_
Navigator
Options
Update - Did you use smart switch when setting up you new phone? If you did that might be the promlem I have been having theses sort of issues since the phone was released and kept clearing the cache which did help but it was still unstable and it still crashed at random times throughout the day and night
But yesterday I bit the bullet and compleaty wiped my phone and did not copy anythink through this time just re-set up fresh and so far it's been great now and seems much snapper like a completely different phone... I put it off for so long as I had a lot of things to redo but it has fixed it now I am sure... Give it a try and good luck.
barry-bearpaw
First Poster
Options

My s22 ultra UI also keeps crashing after I restart. When I stop the UI app it then goes on and displays everthing like it should. I have Tmobile for my carrier if that helps anyone.

0 Likes
AndrewJ95
Explorer
Options
Sorry to hear that you are still having this issue. One UI hasn't crashed for me in a couple of months now (since the may patch iirc), so hopefully it won't be a persistent issue for yourself.
0 Likes
MytheX
Student
Options

I'm having the same issue......Although I'm not getting the UI Error or crash. It just freezes for a minute and then it just works. I disabled the fingerprint and now it's not freezing. But this just happened all of a sudden on my NOTE 20 ULTRA

0 Likes
Variagata
First Poster
Options

It's January 2023, I got my phone about a month ago. This problem still exists. Has anyone found a solution? It happens to me 2-3 times a day.. 

0 Likes
Members_1HE2eIF
First Poster
Options

Definitely this was the issue; I recently encountered the same issue when attempting to restore a previously backup on my laptop using Smart Switch; eventually, I reseted the phone to factory settings and manually restored each file; it has worked fine since.

0 Likes
Allisonbbrowning
First Poster
Options

Seriously no replies from Samsung??? Same issue, no fixes.

0 Likes
pb7_phil
Student
Options

had S22 for a month, ok for 3 weeks then this exact issue. Thought i had traced the problem to the samsung push service app and took off auto update (it seems to still update tho...). Factory reset and setup phone from fresh and the app still updated. Currently issue is happening less but really annoying when trying to us the torch in middle of night and the UI has frozen....  online support asked me to report via members app; will see what happens but not holding out hope.

Should never have left the Oppo device range.... cheaper, better specs no problems for years