Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New S22 performance issues (help!)

(Topic created on: 20-04-2023 10:33 PM)
KonoSnow
First Poster
Options
I have upgraded my S20FE to the S22 today. I used to play a few games on the S20FE with no issues ever, no lag, no freezing, suggested setting usually all being medium or high. Supposedly the S22 is a upgrade in every way except the battery/screen size, however, almost every game is now unplayable. Recommended settings are low, 30fps, ect and even with these low setting games are unplayable now due to lag/frame drops and freezing.

Is this a problem with my new phone? Or is the 'newer more powerful' processor gpu of the s22 worse than the 2 year old S20FE.

2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The specs of the Samsung Galaxy s²² should be more than adequate to run most games @KonoSnow 

It has 8Gb of internal Ram. It might be worth checking in Battery and Device Care to see what Ram is like.

I believe that's the same as your previous phone.

A good generic troubleshooting tip is > Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

Do check the games settings within the phone too please.

If a data connection is needed when playing then it maybe worth also checking that strength. 

See if clearing the games cache helps in Settings > Apps > Choose the App > Storage > Clear Cache.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Merdov
First Poster
Options

Yes. Nothing fixes the issues of this phone. Updates make it worse. It literally does not feel like a powerful phone. Every game plays so bad. Phone lags and heats like crazy. Ui lags like hell. Dont bother with cleaning catch or something. Nothing works. S22 is broken. Never samsung again. Even galaxy watch 5 lags as crazy.