Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network signal

(Topic created on: 25-01-2023 08:00 AM)
g22a
Student
Options
Having serious issues with signal and reception on my s22 ultra, only a couple of months old, help!!, tried a couple of different networks.
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @g22a 

Is signal connection poor in a particular area or everywhere  ?

There are troubleshooting tios you can try such as Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset Network Connection.

There is also a diagnostic tool in your Samsung Members app that you can run.

"Phones do not latch onto the strongest signal.They follow the network assigned procedure, hence why it's not uncommon to be connected to a weaker signal than is strictly available "

A Samsung Service Centre can assess your phone too.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Vapegirlclouds
Journeyman
Options
I have this phone as my note 8 died. (The note 4 still works)
It is my emergency phone as I'm disabled & use a tablet as my main phone.
It never has a signal I don't receive messages & it constantly drops everything & says no network. I'm incredibly disappointed with it & as an emergency phone it's rubbish.
g22a
Student
Options
@BandOfBrothers, thanks for your help, I have tried a new sim card, an alternative network, reset the network setting, rebooted the phone, no change. I have carried used the diagnostic tool on the Samsung members areas for sim and network, both seems to be fine. Completely at a loss now, can you change the settings for the phone to latch onto the strongest signal rather than the network assigned procedure
puddin
First Poster
Options
There seems to be a problem with wireless signals on my Flip4 . One shouldn't need to keep switching on and off a 1000£ phone to get WiFi.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @g22a 

Not as far as I'm aware as it's the network that assign this.

The phone will do it's best to hang onto connection.

Are you abke to let Samsung have hands on with your phone ?

I have two physical sim cards in my phone and do find that one network can provide better signal than the other and visa versa where I live , commute and work.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Ged1968
Journeyman
Options
I've had my 22 ultra for 12 months now and have had nothing but problems with reception. It drops calls regularly. I've tried all the recommendations and nothing has worked. I've decided that I'm now going back to iPhone. Thats said with a heavy heart, but I really can't carry on with this phone.