Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misfiring keys

(Topic created on: 17-04-2022 04:17 PM)
Sagachristos
Explorer
Options
This is the 3rd or 4th time I'm complaining about a problem with my S22+ ultra and honestly I'm sick of this phone at this point. After the latest update, I noticed that the phone keys now press themselves especially the back and app switch buttons. I can just be on an application and it presses back itself or switches to another app itself and sometimes this happens consistently for about a minute. Does anyone else experience this? I think I'm going to switch to another phone after this. Worst phone I've ever used. 
17 REPLIES 17
Sagachristos
Explorer
Options
Likely not cos I don't have a screen protector
0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Turn of touch sensitivity under Display setting, if enabled 

0 Likes
Sagachristos
Explorer
Options
It has always been off
0 Likes
DannyT
Options

Do you have a case on your phone? Does the case curl round and touch the screen at all?

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
Sagachristos
Explorer
Options
Not at all, no case, no screen protector. I've been using it the same way I unboxed it. No cracks either
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Sagachristos: To check for any potential hardware issues with the touch screen, please can you dial *#0*# into your telephone keypad, select 'Touch' from the series of grey tiles, and draw a line through each of the on screen squares? Similarly, head to the Samsung Members app > Press and hold on the app icon > Diagnostics > Touch Screen, and follow the on screen instructions. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
Sagachristos
Explorer
Options
Both tests were fine, it's not a hardware issue. There's no crack on the screen or anything like that
0 Likes
DannyT
Options

Let's try Safe Mode to rule out any third party apps affecting this then. 

To do this turn your phone off as you would normally, then when you're powering it back on press and hold the Volume Down button until the Home Screen appears, Safe Mode will be displayed in the bottom left corner. This will disable all third party apps to see if they’re the root cause of the issue.

Let us know if you experience the issue in Safe Mode, and we'll go from there.

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes