Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest update to Android 13- screenshots and other folders can't be seen in apps

(Topic created on: 28-10-2022 04:34 PM)
nutmeg
Explorer
Options
Hi all...

Just updated to Android 13 on my S22 Ultra. And not sure if this is a feature but apps like WhatsApp can only see a couple of folders for media/photos/Video. So if I take a screenshot of something, I have to go the the gallery and then share from there... I can't send directly and attach from the App itself. Is there a new permissions thing in Android 13 for individual folders?

Ta
11 REPLIES 11
danx55
Voyager
Options
improved security, sort of, i guess
0 Likes
nutmeg
Explorer
Options
Yeah but all the permissions are set correctly... It's just annoying
keith30
Maestro
Options
It's a new restriction by WhatsApp I'm afraid about taking and sending screenshots within the app.
0 Likes
nutmeg
Explorer
Options
That's not what I was trying to say... Screenshots work fine within the app for me... But it's attaching them to a message is the issue...
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I can see all my folder in whatsapp, all my folder are accessible for me

I don't see any difference
0 Likes
Moorin
Student
Options

I have the same problem. very annoying 

0 Likes
Moorin
Student
Options

I found the solution. Go to settings and search for "permissions management" and open it. Click on Photo's and video's. Here you have a complete list of apps that have acces and that don't have acces. Click on whatsapp (which probably is in the non acces list) and give whatsapp acces. Your welome

nutmeg
Explorer
Options
Lol thanks... I've just found that as well... Just annoying it wasn't set as default!!
Jammy88
First Poster
Options
Thank you!! Just done it myself. Was so annoying!!
0 Likes