Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I fix (Samsung repair) - under my front camera I had a green dot flash up every now and then

(Topic created on: 11-03-2022 01:49 PM)
Daniel87
Pathfinder
Options

Just had ifix out as under my front camera I had a green dot flash up every now and then 

Thought it was a dead pixel. 
After doing a few tests it turns out it's something to do with the proximity sensor and Samsung confirmed it will be sorted in the next update. 
On a brighter note my buds Pro and my s8 ultra keyboard case arrived today 
6 REPLIES 6
SeanCharles
Journeyman
Options
The keyboard is superb isn't it!
Daniel87
Pathfinder
Options
Yeah mate!
I originally had the s7 plus keyboard cover.
But this is something else!
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
Proximity sensor lighting up has been a thing for a few years - my current S20 does it but not noticeable as its during calls.

A12 OneUI 4 has though also introduced the privacy notifications that puts a little green LED on whenever an application is using (or trying to use) the camera or microphone.
Daniel87
Pathfinder
Options
Oh really yeah mine is doing it a lot atm!
Yeah that's the first thing they asked me before they sent anyone out green led on the left side of the screen.
0 Likes
AndrewJ95
Explorer
Options
The green dot which appears under your camera indicates that an app is using your camera, and the green dot will go away when nothing is using your front camera. This feature was implemented somewhat recently.
0 Likes
Daniel87
Pathfinder
Options
Samsung did say it was a proximity sensor problem and it shouldn't flash green under the camera as much as it should be so they are sorting the screen resolution out in the next update
0 Likes