Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

How to get rid off "A software update is available" notification on System settings

(Topic created on: 07-09-2023 02:08 AM)
Coolpixs4
Apprentice
Options

Where is the update.zip file located on galaxy S22+, which has been automatically downloaded on a software update?

I don't want to update and want to delete it & want to get rid off "A software update is available" notification on System settings

where is the update.zip located on Galaxy S22 Plus?
I want to remove the annoying notification "A software update is available"

https://shorturl.at/abfl4

Thanks

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
scotsguy56
Pathfinder
Options
It's not possible to get rid of this permanently. safer to just update your phone or just ignore it.

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Solution
scotsguy56
Pathfinder
Options
It's not possible to get rid of this permanently. safer to just update your phone or just ignore it.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Coolpixs4: Once you have downloaded the update, the installation prompt will remain in your Status bar, and periodic reminders will pop up on screen until the update is completed. Updates are designed to improve performance and stability, so I strongly recommend proceeding with the update in this instance. 

0 Likes
Coolpixs4
Apprentice
Options

Thank you, But I am satisfied with the current version. Update not always is good, sometimes it is screw up and messed up everything then It needs to roll back, and a lot of time to recover data and the app. I don't want to be forced to update...

That's my opinion.

P/S: @Samsung -> let's User decide to upgrade or not by themself, the notification just is a recommendation and it must be have off option if the user decides not to upgrade.

fsmsung
Apprentice
Options

yeah?  well, my phone updates anytime it wants.  then the notification stays up for days like it is soo proud of itself  "update complete".  and only option is to snooze max of 2 hours.  can't get rid of the garbage.  it's been a couple of years of this annoyance and today I am fed up with seeing a notification on my phone only to have it be the SOS from Samsung.  FIX this please!

Vbclg5
First Poster
Options

Привет, вы решили проблему?

0 Likes
Roadified
First Poster
Options

I completely agree, we don't want to see forced updates and notifications, as it is most important thing in our lives. And I also agree that some if not many updates have issues (especially big updates), that we don't want to deliver to our working phones. This should be for beta testers, not actual users. Please fix the issues, and only then release updates.

For context have a look at communities, e.g. on Reddit, and see the complains about One UI 6.0 update.  I do not want to use it! And I also do not want to see this message on my phone.  I will not update until patch is released and issues are solved. 

Before Samsung I had a Sony phone, and I do not remember having these forced notifications.

0 Likes
Germoral92
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same problem, but I can't update because it says there's no wifi connection, even if it's working with wifi only 

0 Likes
First Poster
Options

Why update my phone when the latest update breaks the capability to use nfc tap to pay and Google wallet  ? Why update when the updates are made to break your device? 

0 Likes
Ray Lee
First Poster
Options

I Agree, because I am a victim of LCD Green Shadow Stripes, after the update I need to spend millions to fix it, because Samsung does not want to take responsibility, I have a lot of evidence of letters and notes, I hope Samsung understands, that there are still many victims out there on YouTube. , with the context (Green Screen when Updating Samsung OS) if you don't believe me, please search for it yourself 

0 Likes