Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is everyone's experience with a replacement for a faulty product?

(Topic created on: 10-09-2022 11:48 AM)
HA98
Journeyman
Options
I've recently ordered the Samsung S22 and I've been having issues just in the first few days. So I contacted Samsung and they said they will offer a replacement device. 

However, what I find idiotic is that they want me to send this phone to them first then once they receive this, they will then ship out the new replacement S22. It will be a total of 10 days to get the replacement. 

It just seems like a super inconvenience to have to wait that long when you ordered something and it is faulty due to no fault of your own. I really wish Samsung had better customer support. 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi,

I had a similar experience with Samsung Jet90 stick vacuum cleaner. We called up and asked for a replacement. Once you log a request, they ask their preferred delivery service to book an appointment with you to pick up the device. Till the delivery service calls you, there is complete silence. We ended up calling 3 times in the mean time.

First they will pick up the device. Once they have received it, they send in a new device. I find this a bit odd, also not good for the environment. Why not deliver the new device and at the same time pick up the old one. Saves time and money for both Samsung and the customer and also good for the environment.

HA98
Journeyman
Options
Exactly yeah rather than make you wait and further inconvenience you they could just pick it up on the same day. Such a let down by samsung this
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Totally understand and appreciate your viewpoint on this @HA98 

A doorstep swap would be as seamless as possible if Samsung could provide this option.

I appreciate that these phone's are expensive so Samsung will want to safeguard their product.

I remember years ago that Apple would place a holding charge on a person's card before they'd despatch a replacement phone.. I'm not sure if they do this now however.

I hope the turnaround is as fast as logistically possible for you  🤞

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
If you want a quick turn around for a replacement then you should by from a local store not online from a manufacturer, what Samsung does is the norm.
0 Likes
HA98
Journeyman
Options
Well that wouldn't work either because when I tried buying from the store, they told me they wouldn't accept returns within 14 days and told me to buy online. They also wouldn't accept the online promotion of the trade in offer so again I had no choice but to buy online. This is my gripe with Samsung compared to apple who don't have this disjoint between stores and online.
0 Likes
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options

I'm not just referring to a Samsung store, there are plenty of retail outlets out there you can buy Samsung stuff from and there is Amazon who can also do quick turn arounds.

0 Likes
mobility2
First Poster
Options
Very true, I'm still having problems with my replacement S22. Purchased online, ended up having to go miles yo an EE shop on my 1st S22 for help. Not good when your disabled & have mobility etc etc disabilities.
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Certainly not good at all when a customer has to do the running around.