Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grainy images and 108 MP sharpness

(Topic created on: 26-04-2022 09:32 AM)
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

So, can anyone test this too:

1. Are your indoor pictures and videos on every setting in the camera preview and after taking grainy?

2. Is 108 MP mode with and without detail enhancer not sharp when you pinch to zoom a taken picture?

Here's an example of those 3 scenarios of the same low light corner indoor shot. 108 MP looks really grainy and bad. 

20220919_103833.jpg

20220919_103919.jpg

20220919_104105.jpg

   

Thanks on the help! S24 Ultra owner.
12 REPLIES 12
Pd810
Voyager
Options

Hello,

I have just taken a few shots indoors to check. And no, pictures were not grainy at all, they are absolutely stunning. Colours and dynamic range was fantastic. With 108MP mode and detail enhancer on, the picture was really detailed, even after I zoomed in I could see every detail. Without detail enhancer the quality was a little bit worse. But overall, I am very happy with this camera, it is great.

Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

Pics are a bit soft and blurry; it does not matter which lens or resolution is used. The stock camera app does something in the compression or processing algorithm that removes details from the JPG pictures. However, the Expert Raw creates JPG pictures that the level of detail is absolutely impressive.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Indoors isn't a lighting condition you can use to compare. Different rooms let in different amounts of light. The main lens doesn't let in as much light compared to portrait mode so you may wish to experiment with this.
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Portrait mode?

But it's so binned down to let so much light in, why isn't it? 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Why isn't it what? I'm not sure what you mean.
0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

The main lens doesn't let in as much light compared to portrait mode so you may wish to experiment with this. Portrait mode.

And the 108 camera is marketed to use pixels binding to let more light in, is the marketing false? 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The lenses on the phone have different apertures, the lower the aperture the less light is needed. See the lens specs here https://www.phonearena.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s22-camera_id136460

Modifications to pixels does not let in more light, it is a processing method.
0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

But what does that modification do then? It goes to 12 pixels because? 

0 Likes
Tammy72
First Poster
Options

YES! I was really looking forward to getting the S22 Ultra and feel like I wasted a lot of money now. All of my pics, indoor and outdoor, are grainy on all settings and is such a big disappointment. I see others who can take great shots but none of mine are sharp/detailed at all no matter what.