Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS signal lost on all maps related apps on S22

(Topic created on: 18-07-2022 09:49 AM)
ropke78
Student
Options

Hi,

About a 1-2months ago, my oldie S9 was having "gps signal lost" issues, very same like on this post https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s22-series/gps-signal-lost-in-google-maps/m-p/4934439#M59...

Therefore, I've decided that it's time to upgrade the phone, picked S22 a week ago. The phone is sublime, but the same issue still persists. I am driving a lot, and this is really frustrating, as where I am driving on maps right now is completely unreliable. My location is being lost every 30secs, and there's nothing much you can do to pick it again. All internet related location "boosts" have been tried, yet to no avail.

As I understand software upgrade for the above mentioned issue for S22 Ultra has resolved the very same issue. Perhaps, there could be something similar which could also target other S series Samsung devices? 

P.S. I've even tried to bring my phone to official Samsung warranty - they haven't found any connectivity issues whatsoever. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Midge123
Voyager
Options
If I was you I would buy the s20 ultra brilliant phone had it over 2 years now and not a problem I have thought about the S21 and S22 but I decided to stay with my S20 ultra the others have to many problems for me hope this helps you
0 Likes
ropke78
Student
Options

I would consider that, but the fact is that I already purchased the phone. It's insane how something so simple as proper location functionality can be so detrimental to company's image. A lot of my friends and colleagues are considering acquiring a Samsung device. Although after hearing my experience and what other people on the world are experiencing right now - they are having second thoughts :face-with-tears-of-joy: 

0 Likes
Midge123
Voyager
Options
To be honest I have had Samsung for many years now and touch wood never had a problem with them can you take it to a Samsung outlet and get them to look at it for you sorry you are having this problem how old is the handset thanks
0 Likes
CJ0592
First Poster
Options
Did you ever get a fix for this? I've just got a S22 last week.

Can't use Google Maps or Waze because the GPS drops out after 30 - 40 seconds of driving!
Members_KHZhfoJ
Student
Options

Having the same issue on my S22+ ... no gps signal .. the mobile is 1 week old and i can't use it !!!! my  4 year old Huawei (250 euros new) never had issues ... and no word from Samsung ... this is my 1st and last Samsung phone !!!!