Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy watch not syncing health data with S22 Ultra

(Topic created on: 04-03-2022 09:11 PM)
Tom944
Journeyman
Options

I've just upgraded from an s20 ultra to an s22 ultra. I have a galaxy watch active 2 and since connectingit to my newxphone, none of the heath data are syncing. I have reset my watch and reconnected it to my new phone but although it says it is connected, none of the health data is syncing. I've followed the support guide, reset the watch several times and also reinstalled Samsung Health before and sftercthe watch reset. It doesn't work and all exercise data today has been lost, despite creating backups. I have seen similar issues on international forums. Any suggestions?

Go to solution
28 REPLIES 28
Members_jPw9nj8
First Poster
Options

If you go into samsung health settings and select "sync with samsung account". If you deselect "sync only over wi-fi" then all the issues I had were resolved and its syncing perfectly now. Took 5 frustrating days of messing around to work it out though.  

0 Likes
Cjd75
Journeyman
Options
I'd already done that but still having the same issue unfortunately...thank you though
0 Likes
RiverRatDC
Apprentice
Options

It's not just the S22 Ultra. I have the exact same problem with my Active 2 and an S22+. Watch has been reset three times already, Samsung Health and the monitor have been uninstalled numerous times. The only time the watch syncs is immediately after reinstalling Samsung health on the phone. It will never sync a second time without an uninstall/reinstall. No suggestions made here or anywhere else have solved the problem. The watch has worked perfectly with Samsung health for two years on an S10+. I regret ever trading it in for this piece of junk.

Tom944
Journeyman
Options
I already did that, made no difference at all. Also I notice that Samsung Health itself is syncing with my account because having reconnected my watch to my old phone, new workouts and steps etc are visible on both phones.
0 Likes
Members_GZF7B6J
First Poster
Options

Same issue here, tried everything but always the same problem. Devices involved: S22 Ultra with Galaxy Watch. Has never failed me before on my 'old' S9+

Any ideas from Samsung yet on what the issue is and how to resolve? 

0 Likes
Tom944
Journeyman
Options
I raised this as an error through the Samsung Members App. I suggest everyone does the same so they get an idea of the number of people affected. It has been sent on to development
0 Likes
Artush
Apprentice
Options

Hello from Czech, i have same problem with Galaxy Watch 3 and Galaxy S22. 

Artush
Apprentice
Options

I have tried uninstalling Samsung Health, resetting the watch to factory settings, but health does not sync. My ECG readings have stopped working as well. I think it's after some Samsung health update. The gmail app vibration notifications on galaxy watch 3 never worked on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S22.

0 Likes
Tom944
Journeyman
Options
I think I *may* have fixed it on my phone and watch. I won't be sure until I've used it for a few days but here's what I did:
1. Backed up my watch using my old phone (optional).
2. Reset the watch. (if you have not already connected it to your new phone)
3. Turned my new phone off, then booted it into recovery mode, cleared the system cache and rebooted it.
4. Connected my watch as usual using Galaxy Wearable.

For the third item, to go into recovery mode you need to plug your phone into a computer, then switch it on by holding in the power and volume up buttons. Release both buttons as soon as the Samsung logo appears.
Once in recovery mode, use the vol down button to go down to the option to clear the cache and press power to select it. Then chose the reboot option in the same way.

I really hope this works for all you guys too!

RiverRatDC
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Tom944!  Recovery mode/Wipe system cache was all it took in my case. All the problems I was having with Samsung Health (no sync, HR zones wrong vs. my age/watch) were immediately corrected. After three watch resets and multiple uninstalls/ reinstalls of Samsung Health on the S22+, it was my last resort before a hard reset of a brand new phone I had just gotten completely setup! A final solution I've been trying to avoid.