Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S22 Overheats and turns off When Using GPS Navigation App

(Topic created on: 17-09-2022 05:53 PM)
Spacks
Journeyman
Options

The Galaxy S22 easily heats up when using any GPS Navigation app. It heats up very fast and turns itself off automatically. I contacted the Samsung Service Centre, but they could not help. For now, I use my old Galaxy S7 edge whenever I need to use GPS Navigation for driving. This old phone never heats up. I wonder while the new Galaxy S22 cannot withstand 5 minutes of using GPS on a summer afternoon. I hope Samsung will fix this soon.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Which  GPS app did you try? 

0 Likes
Spacks
Journeyman
Options

I tried both TomTom and Sygic Navigation apps. If you drive under the sun with any of these navigation apps running, the phone becomes very hot and switches off.

0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

It will heat up, and probably shut down to protect hardware, if exposed to sun directly. Just keep it of the sun while using it

0 Likes
Spacks
Journeyman
Options

Is not that the phone is exposed to direct sunlight, it's inside the car. For all other galaxy phones I have used (S4, S5, S6 S7) none get so heated up in a few minutes as this latest Galaxy S22. And none of them ever switched off. I expected newer phones to be better in all capabilities. I'm truly disappointed I cannot use my Galaxy S22 for GPS navigation in summertime except in winter.

0 Likes
RidiculouslyHot
First Poster
Options

I can confirm the issue is with any app using GPS. Google maps and my insurance app overheat my phone. Do not buy an S22, it's a defective phone!

0 Likes
movario
Journeyman
Options

Same issue here. Overheats when using google maps and burns through the battery even faster than usual. With all it's bugs, this phone is unusable.

0 Likes