Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgot my Galaxy S22 password (I've always used fingerprint)

(Topic created on: 29-03-2024 02:54 PM)
Members_Oqc54Mt
Apprentice
Options

Hello all,

So basically today out of nowhere my phone instead of asking for the usual fingerprint, it asked for the password that I've never used and probably had set up when I've bought it. I have no idea what is my phone's password and I've tried plenty of possibilities.

I've tried using my old Galaxy S9 to try to unblock the S22 but haven't been successful (I have all my devices registered in my Samsung account).

What can I do to unlock my phone? I don't want to lose everything I have on my phone!

Thank you!

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
SW2
Pathfinder
Options
Is there an option to cover forgot password?
0 Likes
Members_Oqc54Mt
Apprentice
Options

Unfortunately no, it just says that the password has at least 4 characters, with at least one letter. 

It also says that to use fingerprint, I will have to introduce my password every 72h to guarantee my safety.

This started today, I've never used my password before.

Thanks! 

0 Likes
SW2
Pathfinder
Options
https://youtu.be/7z8TDA4F6Bw?si=JBIXun8zGmoG9dPo

Although it's not the only way but this way should get you into your phone but it will mean losing your data.. but if you have a back up you can restore it to the last back up file
0 Likes
Members_Oqc54Mt
Apprentice
Options

I don't have a backup unfortunately and ideally I want to keep my data. Last case scenario, I think I can do a factory reset on my app Smart Find using the S9. 

0 Likes
SW2
Pathfinder
Options
I'm guessing if it was easy by saving the data security would be compromised? Ie. If someone stole the phone? Maybe try smartthings/ find my phone? You can set a lock on the device through that but the phone would need to be connected to either data or wifi? I'm guessing but if it is connected then try find my phone and set up a pin on that? You can also back up your data through that...
0 Likes
Members_Oqc54Mt
Apprentice
Options

My S22 is connected to wifi.

I've tried using SmartThings find on my desktop and I can see all my devices.

The options i have for the S22 are: ring, lock, track location, erase data and extend battery life. So it doesn't have an unlock phone option.

0 Likes
SW2
Pathfinder
Options
Can you add a pin when you press lock? If so lock it with a pin you know and see if you can use that to unlock the phone?
0 Likes
Members_Oqc54Mt
Apprentice
Options

Members_Oqc54Mt_0-1711727364545.png

I've locked my phone, but I still have to wait 33 minutes to try again because of too many wrong attempts.

My phone screen says:

"Blocked Phone; This phone has been lost; wait 33 minutes to try again due to too many wrong attempts..."

Is it going to be possible to try a pin in 30 minutes? Hopefully! 

0 Likes
SW2
Pathfinder
Options
Hopefully... good luck. I'm out of ideas but if I think of anything else.. I'll let you lnow
0 Likes