Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find my phone not working on wifi

(Topic created on: 30-01-2023 08:52 AM)
Ermie571
First Poster
Options

Hi all, I had my new S22 Ultra just before Christmas. Unlike my old Huawei, the google find my device IS NOT WORKING when its connected to my home wifi running on wifi 6. It appears to work on the "old" non wifi 6 network. The ohone is logging on an running well on the wifi 6 network - this is the only feature I have found to date that doesn't work - google just reports when it was last seen - through Maps Timeline, and it cannot connect at all to the phone.

As I have unlimited data  I just need to remember to leave it off wifi where teh network in wifi 6. Is the a solution to this please?

Thanks

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Maybe is a router issue
0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

Seems to work fine (S22+ here) both via the website and via the app. How are you trying to locate your phone - web /app and are you doing it via your phone/laptop?

0 Likes
Ermie571
First Poster
Options

Thanks for your reply, and the reassurance that the phone is fine. I've done some further testing with another pc, various phones and tablets, and I have only made it work once. I think its something to do with my google account. Thanks again  🙂

0 Likes
Ermie571
First Poster
Options

Thankyou for the reply - but the router seems to be fine - I think its something to do with my google account.

0 Likes