Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast and super fast charge not working since August update

(Topic created on: 04-09-2022 06:13 PM)
Haytch
Helping Hand
Options
So i have made a few posts about this already but theres no reaponse from Samsung.

Ever since the last update, my fast and super fast charging has stopped working. 

Sometimes it will say super fast charging for around 10 seconds and then it eill either stop charginf completly or it will go to cable charging.. 

I have tried almost everything and nothing seems to fix it 

I have rebooted, cleared the cache, tried several cables, tried samsung certified fast chargers, changed plugs, sockets, i have turned everything on in the settings, i have tried resetting battery stats, i have tried safe mode, i have cleared cache from all apps, i have done almost everything 
88 REPLIES 88
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Did you contact 3rd party charger manufacturer regarding the issue? I have two non Samsung chargers and two Samsung chargers and all four are working fine; as in fast charging for non Samsung chargers and super fast charging for Samsung own

0 Likes
ChrisP88
Options

@Haytch We're sorry to see you're still having this issue!

First things first, we would advise that the community is a user forum so you will primarily get responses from other users. For direct contact with us, you can reach out to us using our Facebook and Twitter accounts or by calling support on 0333 000 0333.

Considering all the troubleshooting you have already gone through, you may wish to send an Error Report to us from the Members app. You can do this by going to the Members app > Get Help > Send Feedback > Send Error Report. This enables our engineers to look at the issue and find a solution for you. Tips for sending in a Samsung Members Error Report:

1. Ensure your phone is operating on the latest software version. This is something we always recommend as this will ensure you are getting the best possible user experience. Head to Settings > Software Update > Download and install, to check. If a software update is available, please follow the on-screen instructions to install it.

2. Submit the Error Report within 15 minutes of experiencing the issue, making sure you attach the Error Log when submitting. When you create and submit an Error Report, a new Error Log will be captured. This 15-minute window is key to isolating the behaviour that you are experiencing.

3. Provide as much detail about the issue as possible in the body of the Error Report. This will go hand in hand with the Error Log and help our engineers understand the issue even further.

4. Do not forget to click on Send system log data at the bottom of the page to attach the Error Log. 

Ty2022
Navigator
Options
I don't have the solution for you but this has happened to me,I only get fast charging,also tried with a new plug and charger out the packet and still the same,I bought 2 so exact same as what I was using before so no issues with the cable or plug,definitely phone related👍
Rachel598
Journeyman
Options

The same thing happened to me a few days ago.  Also, cannot connect to any of my computers any longer with any USB cords.  What is going on?  Mine phone is the S21, but only 6 months old.  It was new and never used.  This is so frustrating as we have another S21 that seems to work fine.

AsterBadz
Journeyman
Options

Yes, after August2022 update the super fast charging is gone. The charger and cable were bought directly from the Samsung official store so this is pretty much a problem in the phone. I am using S22+, such a frustrating feeling, this is one of the reason why I seldom do update on a working phone. Samsung team, please fix this ASAP!

Uzoma
Voyager
Options
What i dont get is why hasn't samsung done anything yet!
Sami16
Student
Options

I am also having the same problem. I also buy a new 25w super  fast charger but it is only showing fast charging. My phone is just 1month old

Rachel598
Journeyman
Options

Out of curiosity... has anyone tried to plug the phone into their laptop or computer and if so, does the computer recognize it?

AsterBadz
Journeyman
Options

Hi Rachel, mine is working perfectly when plugged into Windows desktop and Macbook pro. The only concern I have is the charging speed, the super fast in 25w samsung charger is no longer working after the update last aug2022.