Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exynos 2200 Galaxy S22 Ultra, Awful Video Quality & Battery performance & games high Graphics support compared to Snapdragon v

(Topic created on: 28-02-2022 02:05 PM)
Mido Aboud
Apprentice
Options

Dear all,

Yeah, I am waiting to recieve my s22 ultra soon.

all the information and practical experience says that Exynos 2200 'Europe' version is suffering from Awful Video Quality & Battery performance & games high Graphics not supported support compared Snapdragon version.

I went to samsung US website and here we came to the interesting part. Samsung uk offer galaxy buds pro as a gift due to the fact that they knew about the bad Exynos 2200 performance and it looked to me some sort of compensation to make the customers satisficed.

the phone is too expensive to give you such a poor performance compared to US version. I'd rather prefer to leave galaxy buds offer and get a proper Snapdragon based processor.

Anybody here noticed that issue? Any confirmations that Samsung will fix the above bugs with s22 ultra Exynos 2200 to be at least equal to SnapDragon version's Video recording Quality.

It would be great if Samsung agent gives us information, here is one of tons of videos showing the poor performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCYdyigRLvM

Regards

44 REPLIES 44
NinDemon
Student
Options

Definitely seeing the issue with high graphics modes not being enabled in games. Other than that the phone is great, not seeing any issues other than that and I'm hoping they fix it as it is just software and optimisation related

0 Likes
Members_lAoGy0y
First Poster
Options

I've got it two days ago in Europe and even though I tried so hard to find comparing videos, Samsung apparently pulled the ol' sneaky on us and have every reviewer the Snapdragon. I didn't wanna believe there would be any MAJOR difference but from what I've seen and experienced, exynos has MAJOR issues. We are talking 20% lower battery life than Snapdragon simply from background running. Apps each generally the same but the way the phone is running is way more efficient with Snapdragon. I came from mid range phone 10T Xiaomi and I gotta tell ya. For a phone that's two years older and 4 times more expensive, the camera is such a letdown. Go just little bit dark and/or indoors and it's obliterated - something NO reviewer ever mentioned or shown. Not sure if they are shills or Samsung straight up threatened them by blacklisting. They should have delayed the launch or just get rid of exynos if they can't give decent performance. I don't like to complain alot, I try to not hype - but this phone costs as much as really good gaming laptop for god's sake. They dropped the balls. Even if they will fix something with updates, historically they never caught up with Snapdragon just reduced the gap. I was suspicious with the Galaxy watch 4 where they claimed it could measure blood pressure, nowhere mentioning you need an actual Samsung phone. Say what you will about iPhones and their bussines practices but they deliver. 

You're absolutely right. It's a major issue with the phone and I'm thinking of returning it and even if they will or won't acknowledge it, never will I recommend Samsung phones with exynos. 

Members_CmdFyJj
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I bought my galaxy S22 Ultra 512GB (Exynos) in pre sale about a month ago and received it about two weeks.

I waited for the protection case, so I only started using it about a week ago.

In terms of general performance, it's OK, web browsing, internet connection, etc.

The cameras work fine and the SPEN is butter smooth.

The battery endurance is OK considering the size and quality of the screen.

Now, my disappointment came when I tried to play games with this device. My kid plays Stumble Guys on the computer and on his smartphone, a REDMI Note 9 (149 euros) and it runs smoothly almost 100% of the times. So, I was shocked to see that my 1500 euros S22 ultra lags and drops a lot of frames while playing that simple game. Guys, playing games on a S22 Ultra (Exynos) is like watching movies from 1920. I also installed asphalt in Redmi Note 9 and it played quite like the S22 Ultra!!!

I started digging a bit more and installed Geekbench, Antutu 3D, 3D Mark and PCmark. The results in Antutu and 3D Mark were very good. But that does not translate to real life games. After the 1st of march update the results even got worse. So, I conclude that Samsung has made a huge mistake equipping these top-of-the-line devices with experimental processors. I even tested the AI performance of Exynos and it's pretty awful compared to other midrange smartphones that have snapdragon cpus.

I am very frustrated and thinking seriously about returning the device.

In summary, the device is good for those who don't play games and do appreciate good cameras and need a pen for their tasks.

If you want to play games, forget the S22 Ultra with Exynos. You're much better served with 150 euros smartphone without Exynos.

Cheers,

Nuno Ferreira

Euro_rapp
Explorer
Options

Same here. So slow in opening apps directly from factory settings. 2 resets didnt help and latest update didnt fixed anything. Battery drains so much in standby. Exynos is so bad!!!! Returned the phone. Sadly bought a Xiaomi 12

DANZ90
Student
Options

this is true.....i'm in italy , i want s22 ultra, but exynos is terrible expecially in video recording.

Samsung please , fix this or stop the import of exynos model

John19691969
Hotshot
Options
🤦🤦🤦🤦Screenshot_20220308-192802_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20220308-155339_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20220308-092828_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20220308-083808_Samsung Internet.jpg
0 Likes
Mobsyr
Explorer
Options

My 3 years old phone is doing better in games than my s22 plus exynos which has AMD gpu, is this a joke samsung, defenatily I am returning.

Last year sane issue with s21 ultra.

I will never buy samsung exynos ever. 

Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Yes. Wild Rift. 

Screenshot_20220310-193624_Wild Rift.jpg

Thanks on the help! S24 Ultra owner.
0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options