Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet issue

(Topic created on: 12-03-2023 11:29 AM)
danielshaw007
Pathfinder
Options
Hi all. Bought a usb c ethernet adaptor for a specific case where wifi isn't an option. 

I need to set my phone to a static ip. After setting to static in the options on my phone the Save button is grayed out. 

Googled this to no avail.

Anyone advise? Thanks 
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi, You need to toggle off Ethernet and then you can configure the Ethernet settings.

Screenshot_20221123_102135_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
danielshaw007
Pathfinder
Options
Done that it prompts for that anyway
0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

Strange! Have you filled in all the fields - IP, Netmask, Gateway and DNS server? If any field is empty, it will not enable the Save button.

Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

Is the phone connected to the network when you try to assigned the IP address? e.i. the adaptor is connected to the phone and the cable is connected to the adaptor and router/switch/port

It seems that you need to connect the adaptor to the phone, configure the static IP and then connect the cable to the adaptor.

The fact that the phone already has an assigned IP to the interface may be disabling the option to change it to static.

0 Likes
CosminRada
First Poster
Options

I jave the same problem. Any news?

0 Likes
Kaizensv
First Poster
Options

Please any news. 

0 Likes
danielshaw007
Pathfinder
Options
I ended up sending adaptor back and gave up.
0 Likes
baux
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue on my Tab 9+.  Still looking for a solution to this problem.

0 Likes
ErockCrica87
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

My **bleep** was able to solve this for me as I was having the same issue.  We were using 0.0.0.0 as the DNS as we didn't need it for situation, that no longer works. Instead we input 1.1.1.1 in the DNS input and the "Save" button was enabled. Hope this works for you all as well. 

0 Likes