Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual sim issue

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
Megan0Topaz
Apprentice
Options
Unknowingly I bought a refurbished US version of Galaxy S22 so the second sim is not recognised, Can this be fixed?
Also, my phone won't update to version 15. When I try the message reads 'no update required' but it's only on14.1. Any ideas?
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
USA versions of the S22 series are dual SIM however one of them must be an esim. Your network provider can do that for you which is not a physical sim. Then you can use your working simcard slot for your second physical simcard. It sounds like someone tried to use a dual SIM card tray like the ones we get in Europe but that doesn't work because only one physical simcard will work and one esim. Be aware since it is an American handset you probably won't get 5g and Samsung pay won't work in the UK. I hope this helps 🙏
Megan0Topaz
Apprentice
Options
Sorry, I meant mine is set on version 13. The phone isn't locked and an occasional call comes through. I keep getting the message 'not registered on a network', but it is. Perhaps I need to change to a different provider, but up until recently this was very good in this area.
0 Likes
Megan0Topaz
Apprentice
Options
Thanks Techzilla. My brother bought an S22, dual sim, no problems, liked it, so I followed, but not so lucky. Expensive lesson. I can't put the work sim as an esim, so it would need to be my number, but I'm reluctant to do that until I can make calls again. Until then I'll have to carry two phones!
0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Your device should have received the One UI 6.0 Android 14 update months ago. UI 6.1 is also due shortly. Alas, I don't think you'll get either. If you can't get a refund, then unfortunately, you're just gonna have to chalk it down to experience.
0 Likes