Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPD require photo ID?

(Topic created on: 22-03-2022 11:10 PM)
Matt103
First Poster
Options

Ordered the S22 plus over a month ago. Status has finally changed to preparing to dispatch with DPD. When I click on tracking it says DPD need photo ID for delivery. (never had this with any other phone deliveries) The thing is, I have no photo ID and the app won't allow me to redirect the delivery to a family member address with the same surname and I live on my own.

For those that have had theirs delivered by DPD, were you asked for photo ID? Or do they just do the usual of take a photo at the doorstep with parcel in my hand then leave? Or will they accept anything else? Bit worried tbh

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
Ty2022
Navigator
Options
mine was delivered by dpd 5 weeks ago,no id required,they only asked to take a pic me holding the box as proof of delivery
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
No you don't need photo id
As has been mentioned. They take a photo of it delivered to your open door.
Normally if you miss that delivery.
You collect the item from a DPD drop off point. There you Normally get asked for I'd
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

No @Matt103 I've never been asked for photo ID from a DPD driver.

They'll take a picture of the parcel at the address to prove it's been delivered as they are not taking signatures due to the pandemic.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
No, same as others have said about taking photograph. Last Samsung order I had was delivered whilst I was washing car - he just put it on wall in front of me and took a picture showing me and package.
0 Likes
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options

I think this is a catch-all option for the drivers if they aren't sure about identity. Never been asked though.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I actually was asked once for Photo ID when receiving a Device via Home Delivery, though that was some time ago.  Not been the case for the last few Samsung phones,going back to 2019 anyway.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Matt103
First Poster
Options

Thanks all. Arrived with no issues today. Claimed my Buds & Disney+.

So i need to trade my old phone in. They put the return label in the box but the instruction leaflet says to post it back in the bag supplied. There is no bag. Do I just return it in the big box it arrived in and attach the label? Also, do i need to return the charger & cable? or just the phone in its original box? Instructions are not clear

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Matt103 

This similar thread may help with your queries.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s20-series/samsung-trade-in. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
James21
Voyager
Options
All depends on who you order your phone from. I have had my phones through Sky for years, and delivered by DPD, every single time been asked for photo ID
0 Likes