Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Does anyone know what happened with Expert RAW app?

(Topic created on: 17-06-2022 11:03 AM)
Krisalex79
Helping Hand
Options

I am not happy with Expert RAW applcation anymore. After the second update for June, which was supposed to improve camera performance, the photos, created with Expert RAW are now more dull, with worse contrast and not as vidid and as bright as before. Does anyone knows what is happening? is there update of Expert Raw tinfix this coming? Before the second update of june it was different. Expert Raw made clear birght photos, with vivid colors and good contrast. 

The FACT that i PRETEND to believe you, DOES NOT mean i actually believe you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Krisalex79
Helping Hand
Options

The Wrong Solution has been set up as solution, i reject it. 

Reason:
I went to an Excursion to the aviation Museum, Where i had lot of time to play with Expert RAW app. I found i did not revert a setting back where it should be. The issue was caused by he app working in matrix focus mode, when i used spot metering, to focus and take light information from the place i want to focus on - which spot metering/spot focusing does, the presented issue is gone. Expert RAW takes the pictures i like. The solution is easy: Go to spot metering/spot to force the camera to take light from the place of your choosing, and choose the darkest part of the photo. This will force the camera to create bright photos with vivid colors. This gives bright photos, vivid colors but a slight touch of inconsistent focus. There is second way, with spot metering, tough and hold. the white circle will split into two yellow circles - one named AF - this is where the camera fill focus, drag it tot he place where you want sharp crisp focus, and the other is named AE - This is How the camera decides how to work with the available light. drag it to the darkest spot on the frame to make the camera make bright photo with vivid photos. i used the first approach. i could have better results if used the second approach. 

This is the true solution. This is what i accept as Solution and this is what i mark as solution - verify if the app is correctly configured, it is easy to forget reverting setting, or allow a getting to slip not noted. These are some of the pictures i was able to made after i verified the app's configuration. 20220618_124129.jpg20220618_124214.jpg

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
RAW photos are usually more muted colours as the camera will capture as much information as possible without the AI image processing the software does on the normal camera
This means you can edit the images without losing as much detail as you would with JPEG.
You don't want the software to process the image at all as you will be editing to your preferences
So the more muted colours are more in line with how RAW images are captured on DSLR RAW images.
I believe the update has added more detail capture to images as well as other bits that allow better editing
Krisalex79
Helping Hand
Options

Thank you for your good explanation. So in reality camera has imoroved. This is more important. Vidid or muted colors are easy to fix and remaster on a computer. I understand the idea. it does not mean that i like it, but i understand it. i will see program on linux can manage to edit the .dng files. I use Manjaro Linux and i do not intend to go to Windows any time soon. 

0 Likes
Solution
Krisalex79
Helping Hand
Options

The Wrong Solution has been set up as solution, i reject it. 

Reason:
I went to an Excursion to the aviation Museum, Where i had lot of time to play with Expert RAW app. I found i did not revert a setting back where it should be. The issue was caused by he app working in matrix focus mode, when i used spot metering, to focus and take light information from the place i want to focus on - which spot metering/spot focusing does, the presented issue is gone. Expert RAW takes the pictures i like. The solution is easy: Go to spot metering/spot to force the camera to take light from the place of your choosing, and choose the darkest part of the photo. This will force the camera to create bright photos with vivid colors. This gives bright photos, vivid colors but a slight touch of inconsistent focus. There is second way, with spot metering, tough and hold. the white circle will split into two yellow circles - one named AF - this is where the camera fill focus, drag it tot he place where you want sharp crisp focus, and the other is named AE - This is How the camera decides how to work with the available light. drag it to the darkest spot on the frame to make the camera make bright photo with vivid photos. i used the first approach. i could have better results if used the second approach. 

This is the true solution. This is what i accept as Solution and this is what i mark as solution - verify if the app is correctly configured, it is easy to forget reverting setting, or allow a getting to slip not noted. These are some of the pictures i was able to made after i verified the app's configuration. 20220618_124129.jpg20220618_124214.jpg

Krisalex79
Helping Hand
Options

Hello moderators, I would like to dispute a "solution" being offered to me on a problem of mine. 

what was offered as a solution was a brief but very good, explanation How Expert RAW works, and how it makes the RAW images to work with, but it does not solve my issue.    

I was able to find the reason and resolve my issue on my own and find what went wrong in reality, and find a fix in reality, a solution which works and resolves the issue when applied in real world. 

Because i am sure other people also ask for the same, please remove the solution from explaining to the customer how the customer cannot have what they pay for, and focus on my solution, where the customer actually gets what they pay for. 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @Krisalex79, If you're the OP of a topic you should be able to mark/unmark posts as solutions in it. I've unmarked Glenntech's one for you though. It's a good post from Glenntech, but if your later post works better for you and others in the same situation, that's cool. 🙂👍

Krisalex79
Helping Hand
Options

No hate or trolling intended about Glenn's post, about how Expert RAW works, is a great post, it brings lot of value and good knowledge, no doubt about it, in general i am very happy with his posts. He is doing excellent work here. This is the moment i would like to give my Kudos and respect to Glenn. He is doing excellent work here. Simply it did not offered a solution, but Glenn's post gave hint and idea what and how to do to resolve the issue. This is why i want the post to stay, because it tell you about how it works, and from that point it is your responsibility to find your way using this to develop a solution.  But i am still baffled, what happened? Why before the update was one and after the update was something else? it is obvious that the updates brought some change which also affects Expert RAW.... Anyway i hope it is only a temporary glitch and Samsung will fix it in future updates.

0 Likes
Krisalex79
Helping Hand
Options

How i can mark or unmark as solution? i never saw a control to allow me. Thanks for the hint and assist anyway. i will click here and there to see if i find it. 

0 Likes