Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not disturb function missing from latest update

(Topic created on: 16-03-2023 07:05 PM)
COYS1
Apprentice
Options
Where has the ability to allow only one of an apps Notification categories to ignore Do Not Disturb gone? I can only allow all an Apps Notification categories to ignore DND. This is annoying as I use a video doorbell and at night I don't want to be woken by movement detection only if someone rings the bell. I contacted Samsung but I don't think they really have a clue what I'm on about and stated if there is a function I want to be reinstated to Android 13, I should post on here for a moderator to see. Surely support should be able to explain why this useful function has been removed. 
10 REPLIES 10
maggie m
Pioneer
Options

Maybe Samsung will release a new update soon to add this DND feature again.

AndrewL
Options

@COYS1: Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I'm unsure as to why the ability to toggle notification categories in Do Not Disturb has been removed. To get a better understanding I will pass your query to our Research and Development Team to see if they're able to shed any light on this, and to enquire about the possibility of re-adding the function. Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you. 

keith30
Maestro
Options
I have the S22ultra and I still have the DND feature on my device, also my device updated last week.
COYS1
Apprentice
Options
Thanks Keith, I have DND but I used to be able to select just one of an Apps Notification categories to ignore DND. Now I can only select the whole app and allow all of its notifications through DND.
0 Likes
Members_5dX6hNN
First Poster
Options

Same problem: from "Settings > Notifications > App notifications > whatever app > Notification categories > whatever category" there isn't the option "Ignore do not disturb" anymore.

I don't know for how long it has been like this, since I haven't been using DND for a while.

COYS1
Apprentice
Options
Was a really useful feature and its been removed and Samsung don't have any explanation why.
COYS1
Apprentice
Options
So, just had first update since this function was removed and the function is still missing 😫. Will it be reinstated at all? It's so frustrating and I'm missing parcels as I can't set my doorbell notifications so movement notifications are silent when I'm busy and DND is on but allow doorbell ring notifications to come through and alert me.
0 Likes
53fireman
Apprentice
Options

I found this thread by searching for the exact same thing. It is probably an Android update thing, but hopefully someone posts a solution here.

oldfut
First Poster
Options

Thanks for looking into this. Any updates? This was a very useful feature!

0 Likes