Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay on taking a photo

(Topic created on: 01-03-2022 01:08 PM)
ianbuk
Pioneer
Options
As a photographer, I tend to use the camera on my phone instead of my old traditional instant camera. Usually, one tends to use it to frame a shot when looking for locations instead of carrying a small point & shoot, it's one less thing to lug around. Has anyone noticed that the time for the S22 (Ultra 512Gb) to take a photo when you press the button (on the display) and the device actually taking it is long enough to lose the image you are trying to capture? Whether it's a child or a plant that's out in the open, I have noticed the "point & shoot" ability of the S22 is often very difficult. 

On a test of 30 photos, I lost 13 to blurring, even when using a tripod. The delay is as bad as it was on devices produced 10 years ago, requiring me to swap to the RAW app. The issue is, that if I have to go and use manual settings, I may as well use my DSLR. I don't have the issue with the iPhone 13 (Pro Max 512Gb). It genuinely acts as a point and shoot without delay. 

I can only assume it's a software issue? 

Owned everything from the original Note to S22 Ultra. Disappointing that Samsung does innovate as they used to.
5 REPLIES 5
ShockAbsorber
Explorer
Options
I can say that i also have this issue and it drives me insane, i have lost so may pictures. This has been reduced a little after the march patch but still occurs occasionally, but that doesn't excuse Samsung from fixing this issue. I think this year because majority of phones are going to be Snapdragon 8g1 they have put less effort into the exynos varient causing these bugs and issues on a select number of devices.
ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options
This is one of the biggest reasons why I'm returning mine. Most of the photos I take are of my son doing something silly or a cute smile, and on this S22 Ultra the moment has passed by the time the image processes 🙄
Going back to using my OnePlus 9 Pro that I thankfully didn't send in yet (didn't receive the trade in pack still after a week, but still got an email demanding I send it or pay 🙄).
VGiri
First Poster
Options

I have 1TB S22 Ultra and today I was shocked how slow the image capture through 108mp camera is. I switched to RAWExpert and I lost 60% of my images. All of those raw images are blank white images.

My one plus 7t Pro is super responsive compared to this junk. It's a different story that it doesn't capture images to my liking in 2022. 

I can't use a device this expensive which sucks at photography! I'm massively disappointed. People using mid to low range phones laugh at my camera capture performance.

This feels like I'm using HTC Desire on Froyo, which still was better than this piece of ...... 

0 Likes
SGXavier
First Poster
Options

This photo delay issue is able to be controlled in settings as a single quick shot. The issue fix is not intuitive (obvious) so you'll have to "Reset" the camera for it to go back to a fast, quick shot.

0 Likes
01geek
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with the capture delay.  I have noticed that the night photos aren't as good as the older samsung models and there is more blurring when I take a photo quickly.  I leave motion on so that I can capture another portion of the image if I miss it or it is blurred.  I am a long time Samsung user and I am extremely disappointed with this model. (Ultra 22) I should have kept my Samsung 9 as it took awesome photos.

0 Likes