Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dad's s22 ultra icons are turning purple over time even after turning on or off color palette

(Topic created on: 16-03-2023 03:18 AM)
Mytrenet
Student
Options

The issue I have is strange, my s22 ultra is fine but my dad who has a 256GB model is having that issue, his icons are turning purple for no reason, randomly, and sometimes notifications are also purple. I have tried resetting  settings, booting into safe mode, etc. and still happens, even sometimes his text messages show like that on the screenshots. I bought this phone for him and I hope is just a software bug but still even after multiple changes in settings and resets he still has the issue. Anyone has this problem?

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-11 at 9.42.57 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-03-11 at 10.25.15 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-03-11 at 9.44.24 PM.jpeg

I am a bit at loss , phone is also brand new, bought from best buy in January. No damage whatsoever and at first I dismissed it is a bug a month ago , since turning off or on color palette would turn everything back to normal but the behavior would come back regardless of color palette being on or off.  To note that for some reason he is unable to update is google play services , I click on update and it never goes above november 2022 version, but from the google play store looks like its updated. That is the only random thing it does

4 REPLIES 4
gixerob
Troubleshooter
Options
What is Best Buy? Are you in the UK? Google Play Services update should be at Feb 2023 so something isn't right there.
0 Likes
Knightshift76
Voyager
Options
@gixerob I'm pretty sure Best Buy is an American only Retailer
AndrewL
Options

@Mytrenet: Please double check that Colour palette is disabled in Settings > Wallpaper and style > Apply palette to app icons > Off. If it is, try heading to Settings > Themes, and choose a different theme to see if this helps. Furthermore, head to Settings > Accessibility > Visibility enhancements > Colour correction, and toggle this off (if applicable). 

0 Likes
Mytrenet
Student
Options

I already tried those steps, I even did a reset on accesibility settings. Color palette is disabled as I stated on my comment. IF I enabled the problem goes away, however it comes back and goes away again if I disabled it. Colour correction is also off. Aply palette to app icons is also off.

Basically the problem happens after some period of time after turning on or turning off coloor palette. both cases, meaning if I turn palette on, it clears out , icons however become purple after  awhile incuding some notifications and some stuff like the text msg app icon. I turn palette off and the same thing happens, everything clears out and looks normal but after a while the problem comes back.

Also although google play services says nov 2022 as the latest update, everytime i try to update from the settings app and do a restart it still shows november 2022 howeever going into google play and looking at the services app it shows updated. Another issue that my dad is saying he has is that after using instagram for a long time it crashes , but I do not know if this is an issue with instagram itself since other apps do not have any issue.

0 Likes