Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crackling sound when recording videos

(Topic created on: 23-10-2022 11:30 AM)
Frozenwhite
Journeyman
Options
If I record videos using the camera app the sound is distorted and cracking. If I record in other apps or using voice notes the sound is fine so obviously a software issue. Tried the steps on Samsung site including starting in safe made which didn't make any difference. Can anyone offer any other possible solutions please?
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Id suggest to send your feedback via your Samsung Members App under the GetHelp section especially if you feel this is a software issue on your phone.

I've just taken a video recording on my Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra and the sound to me is fine however.

I wish you all the best. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Frozenwhite
Journeyman
Options
I've done the diagnostic check and appears that mic 1 at the bottom of the phone is OK but mic 2 at the top is not functioning. This is where the crackling is coming from so maybe not a software issue. I assume the camera app uses mic 2 at the top of the phone
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Frozenwhite: If you have run a Mic diagnostic via the Samsung Members app, and there was an issue during the playback for Mic2, or your received an 'Action required' notification, then this will require an engineers inspection in order to be resolved. With this in mind, please head to samsung.com > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Contact us, and reach out via your preferred channel, and an advisor will be on hand to make the necessary arrangements for you. 

0 Likes
Frozenwhite
Journeyman
Options
Thanks I've just booked an at home repair as no stores around me
0 Likes
r1cr1c
First Poster
Options

Hi, any updates? I think I'm having this same problem with my phone. 😞

0 Likes
Jarpiino
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same problem on S22+...

But in my case even external USB microphones have the cracking sound.

0 Likes
r1cr1c
First Poster
Options

Is your device still within the warranty period? Took mine to Samsung Care and they had to replace the mother board and charging port.

0 Likes
Members_2SKnfmY
First Poster
Options

Hello, 

I had this problem for a while. Insta and facebook videos unwatchable. Tiktok and youtube where ok. And nothing helpped. Today i needed to use camera and video recording was not ok. So i went into apps and force stop the clear catch and data. It's ok now. Let's see for how long. Fyi camera set up will be different.

0 Likes