Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Bluetooth connection in car after update

(Topic created on: 17-03-2022 11:08 PM)
Rich666
Apprentice
Options

I am having serious and annoying issues with Bluetooth connection in my car since the march update 2-3 days ago.

I live in Norway and have the Exynos chip in my S22 ultra. Phone calls are fine, but as soon as I play any audio/media ; like Spotify, YouTube etc.. Audio skips like crazy and is unbearable!  

All worked fine before the update. 

Tech support has just asked me to reset network settings but this didn't help.

Any tips?

Go to solution
26 REPLIES 26
Solution
JDutton
First Poster
Options

I have experienced precisely the same issue. It seems that multiple pairing is the issue. Fortunately the problem is not affecting pairing with both watch and headset. I hope you have found the same.

Rich666
Apprentice
Options

You know what, turns out that you are right about  multiple pairing being the culprit here. I obviously have my galaxy watch connected to my phone by Bluetooth.  As soon as I unpaired my watch,  the Bluetooth connection in the car became stable immediately.  I tried this a few times just to be sure..and it was the same case everytime.  So I basically can't have my car and watch connected at the same time ...which is wierd and such a pain. For reference,  my previous phone, the S21 Ultra did not have this problem.

I guess I can consider this as a solution for now, so thanks to you JDutton👌  But I really hope samsung reads these threads and sends a quick fix for this. Otherwise I'll have to return the phone.

Shawnuhh
First Poster
Options

Same issue! I updated my S22 Ultra Friday, and bt audio has not worked since. Calls work fine and bt connection to my watch and earbuds works just fine. I am excited to try disconnecting my watch to see if it works!! 
It has been so frustrating!!

Also... another unrelated issue since the update, when I click the List icon, it brings up settings, calendar, and calculator, and it used to show my recently used apps. Any idea how to fix that?

So glad I found this forum!

0 Likes
dhany12
First Poster
Options

hopefully this can be fixed software update ..so annoying going into my car to have the audio just go all crazy.. I have on my galaxy 3 watch btw....bluetooth cant handle multiple signals?!...even my old note10plus does this never an issue until now

0 Likes
kalmian
Journeyman
Options

Thank you! I unpaired my Galaxy Sport Watch and the audio skipping issue resolved itself!

Thank you so much!!!!

0 Likes
meetu
Journeyman
Options

@JDutton this workaround worked for me as well once I disconnected my Watch 3. Hope it works for others too. Thanks.

0 Likes
Dominic Errera
Student
Options

I am having the exact same experience with my Galaxy S22. It will not stay connected to my 2011 Acura TL if it is also connected to my Galaxy Watch. I did not have this issue with my Galaxy S9. Very frustrating and hoping for a patch update.

HunterB26
First Poster
Options

I have the same car, and I'm having the same problem

Remixed711
Explorer
Options

I've complained about the same Bluetooth to car audio issue. It worked BEFORE the March update. With the update, it no longer plays audio, however it is able to pair, but pairing isn't the problem, it's listening to my ***** music that doesn't work! ***** Samsung. I just got a replacement and the update forced me back into the original problem.

Pedrofski
Student
Options

My s21 won't connect to my car anymore, it says can't connect, when I go into Bluetooth settings the audio and calls aren't highlighted. Driving me mad, tried reboot, turning on airplane mode, nothing!!! 😠

0 Likes