Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 17-10-2022 11:52 AM)
Steve01
Apprentice
Options

Morning Guys, 

I purchased a S22 5G on the 8th October and the battery just seems to drain so fast, It was fully charged this morning at 06.00 and by 11.50 not even 6 hrs it has 46% left, I do not have apps open and have not really used it this morning.

Please advice, I am aware I can return within 14 days ,I bought the mobile outright.

Thanks in advance Steve...

4 REPLIES 4
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Hi .. what does the device care say ?? As it should tell you what is eating the battery.
I would turn off the adaptive lighting and set it with what you are comfortable with. Then look at bluetooth, when not needed turn it off, the same goes for WiFi.
Now the well known apps are Netflix, Spotify, amazon video and Facebook... they all like to eat batteries. 😋
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Steve01 Certainly check the Battery stats in Device care for the most draining apps.  Advisable to put apps which are not used regularly to sleep  and as has already been mentioned to only have connections running when necessary (would include NFC as well as Wfi/Bluetooth. Turning off Always On Display can help (if not necessary)can also use a Power saving Mode but need to consider if that will give you the best experience with the effect on screen resolution and speed.  Another way of improving Battery life is to use Dark Mode at least some of time  but there are drawbacks too. Some detail and further tips in this artcle https://www.androidpolice.com/how-to-extend-your-samsung-phones-battery-life/ 

An idea  to wipe the cache partition  if not been done lately (advisable after updates in any case)  This deletes the temporary files but no impact on your Data.

Follow these steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key.
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

A Factory Reset would be the last resort (ensure Data backed up before doing so)

Hopefully can find a solution  to your satisfaction but obviously have option of returning.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Steve01
Apprentice
Options
Hi,I have returned mobile to Samsung for full refund..
BaronDigo
Helping Hand
Options
Because it doesnt make sense. 50% battery in 5 hours? No way.
0 Likes