Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps no longer working after recent update?

(Topic created on: 16-06-2023 10:44 PM)
9000Blinks
First Poster
Options

Hi all, two apps I use often - o2 Priority and Grindr - are no longer working after the most recent update on my device.

o2 Priority closes itself as soon as it's open - Grindr will crash after I have entered by email and password.

I have tried restarting my phone, un and reinstalling the apps, clearing the cache's on each app and had no luck.

I wondered if anyone else has had a similar problem since the update, or have experienced something similar after a software update and found a way to fix?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I had issues with WhatsApp and Samsung members app community tab not opening on WiFi but worked on mobile data.

1. Check if they open on mobile data.

2. If they do themon your WiFi router change ipv6 auto to pass through and then it should work

At least that's what I did to solve my issue.

Mine is the S21 ultra for reference.
"WI-FI went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family.
They seem like nice people"
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

When you uninstall from the phone also go into your MyLibrary in the Playstore and delete the app from there and then re download a fresh copy of the app to see if that helps.

I lnow you've cleared the cache of the app and as a last resort you could try also deleting the data of the app although this will clear the app of any of your saved information. 

Other than that you could also contact the developer of the app @9000Blinks 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

DannyboyW
First Poster
Options
Hi, I am having the exact same problem with a few apps. Have tried the above advice with my grindr app but unfortunately nothing has worked.
I have messaged grindr and they are looking into the issue.
Had anyone found any fixes yet or will we need to wait for the next software update to hopefully fix the issue lol?

Thanks 😁
Jean-Paul85
First Poster
Options
I cannot get into grindr at all! I've tried the uninstall, clear data, delete from play store. Nothing works! Grindr have been notified ut they take about 6 months to reply😧😧
Members_N3Donnh
First Poster
Options

I got exactly the same problem... 😣

I'm just getting frustrated because I did everything and I can't fix that... 

DrMayhem
First Poster
Options

Hey i have had this problem aswel since the most recent update. What i managed to do is if you go into secure folder on your fone and add grindr onto itthen you will be able to use grindr again hope this helps 

fluffymike
First Poster
Options
Hi all I'm having the same problem done all the above when is this going to get sorted ?
9000Blinks
First Poster
Options

I ended up doing a factory reset which solved the problem.

0 Likes
SELondon
First Poster
Options
I have the same issue, I have contacted @grindr and they never seem to get back to me other than with generic replys.
I have contacted Samsung who remotely entered my phone no solution. This is a massive problem as they are two of the same apps i use a lit! @samsung
0 Likes