Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android auto unable to connect wirelessly after update to UI 6

(Topic created on: 07-12-2023 07:50 AM)
dimpeev
First Poster
Options

Good day, 

The night before I as dumb enough to update my s22 ultra to the new One UI 6. In the new features it was not mentioned that my android auto will stop working when trying to connect wirelessly. And it was working ok before the update. And my last android auto app update was in november, so there was no new update to blame. Deleting the cache, the data or even the whole app does not fix the problem. When using cable connection, it works fine.

So for Christmas i have only one wish this year - please fix your phones...if you can.

I hope you will start testing your new releases before releasing them. I dont have subscription for beta testing.

Best Regards :smiling-face:

28 REPLIES 28
Dvdbrdly
First Poster
Options
Same problem here. Samsung S22 android 14, One UI V6 on VW Passat 2023 model
0 Likes
Anuwar
First Poster
Options

Same here, guys...

Skoda Karoq 2023 - Galaxy S 22 Ultra and updated One UI to to v6.

Contacted my Skoda dealer and the just sent me a link compatibility link for Skoda model & smartphone model. S 22 Ultra is not there anymore or not with Android 14...

Here is the link -> https://compatibilitylist.skoda-auto.com/

Dissapointing from Skoda & Samsung to be honest...

0 Likes
Members_3hmLXSm
Student
Options

I have two same models of the VW Group, one is 2021 and the other 2023, both updated. My wife has S22+ with One UI 5.x, I have S22 Ultra with One UI 6.0. Her phone connects with no problems and my only in one of the vehicles (the older one) and even this was after a week or so of my attempts and have no explanation why one does and the other does not work.
But this does not seem as VW issue, hvae seen other brands complaining here as well. Youj are rather lucky that your Kenwood does manage to sort it out.

0 Likes
nickbg321
First Poster
Options

So I just got my new VW T-roc only to find out my S22 Ultra completely shits the bed when using wireless Android Auto. When I try to connect to the car wirelessly, it works for a few seconds and then disconnects, cable works just fine. Initially I thought it was the car's infotainment, but I paired my wife's S23 Ultra and it works perfectly okay wirelessly. Seems like I'm experiencing the same issue as what is described here. Hope Samsung sorts their ***** out, this is pretty disappointing. 

0 Likes
kojiko
Apprentice
Options

Anyone solve the problem?

0 Likes
g0nzo4president
First Poster
Options

So, my theory was correct. In my case it was an issue with VAG (Skoda, VW, Cupra, Seat) multimedia device. Yesterday I have received massive update (about 4gb as I remember correctly). In the release notes - bluetooth and SmartLink stability fixes. Guess what? I am back to normal with S22 ultra Android auto wireless connection.

Thanks VAG for fixing it, but 3 month is way to long...I was even thinking to change my phone.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Same issue on S24 Ultra with latest os update and latest AA

0 Likes
tacooper
First Poster
Options
Same here, s22 ultra with brand new VW polo, everything all up to date but wireless connection disconnects constantly!
0 Likes
Members_pgEI6WR
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem:
- Samsung S22+ (One UI 6.0)
- Android Auto (11.5.641024-release)
- VW T-Roc (2024)

Android Auto on wireless connection constantly connects/disconnects. Most of the connections are only few seconds long. The longest I was connected was probably a minute or so.

On cable it works fine.

0 Likes