Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi calling on Vodafone UK

(Topic created on: 30-01-2021 09:15 AM)
Philbr58
Navigator
Options
Has anyone got this working yet? We have two new phones and neither shows WiFi calling in the phone app settings. S21 Ultra direct from Samsung and S21+ from Vodafone. 
45 REPLIES 45
YROVI
Apprentice
Options
I updated my S10 Lite to Android 11 and WiFi calling it was working a little and then disappeared (O2 network) . I told samsung it was working fine before on Android 10, and they told me its a network issue. I got a new SIM from O2, I received another update, it was working a little bit longer, now its gone again. it is a Samsung software issue. I have done all I can do to rule out any doubt.
0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
WiFi calling working fine on my s10 android 11 o2
0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
if WiFi calling is not in settings, connection then you need to clear cache or factory reset your phone.

Screenshot_20210130-091433_One UI Home.jpg

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Philbr58 

Calling Over WiFi needs turning on in your myvodafone and will only show on the phone in settings if Vodafone push it's configuration to the phone.

Some help and advice in Vodafone wi-fi-calling 

It does also state “ Please note that phones bought from other UK telecom providers are unlikely to support our WiFi calling, with the exception of iPhones, which should work regardless. 

Devices might not be compatible when bought from third parties, we’re working with these other manufacturers to add our settings ”

To add Calling Over WiFi Set up. Ask the agent to force the phone via sending an OTA configuration update that should provision your phone for Calling Over WiFi. 

"Register for Vodafone Wi-Fi Calling
Text the word CALLING to 97888
This is a free text which will add the service to your account
You should receive the following confirmation text:
Thanks. We’ll add Wi-Fi Calling to your account in the next 24 hours and will let you know when you’re all set up.
If you’d like to discuss this with us, or if you have any other issues, you can find more info here or contact us
Once you receive the confirmation text, switch on Wi-Fi Calling in your settings
Go to Settings, scroll down and choose the Application icon
Choose Phone and scroll down until you see Wi-Fi Calling – select the box beside this option
A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm if you want to enable Wi-Fi Calling – tap OK"

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Adamksc
Helping Hand
Options
Restart your phone without simcard after restart put sim card again this was working for me
-----------------------------------------------------------‐----------------------------------SAMSUNG Galaxy S23 Ultra SM-S918B /DS
Samsung One UI 5.1 / Android 13 CSC-EUX
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
@BandOfBrothers thanks for the info.

text sent. The other method is through the app... but the S21 is not listed yet.

I will wait and see if the text method adds options to phone for WiFi calling.

thanks 😀

SmartSelect_20210130-094819_Messages_460.jpg

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
YROVI
Apprentice
Options
I did reset it, the problem is that it will not stay long there. and for some reason keeps deactivating.
0 Likes
YROVI
Apprentice
Options
mine worked like that , but only for a while. I think samsung need to look deep into this issue and bring a fix
0 Likes
Motty2012
Pathfinder
Options

Not working on my s21 ultra. Tried switching it off and on in my Vodafone app. Worked fine with my note 9 also not bought from Vodafone. This is not good. 

0 Likes