Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to move items to Secure Folder

(Topic created on: 21-02-2022 09:05 PM)
GrGaja08
Student
Options

With the new updates I am unable to move items from my gallery to ##SecureFolder in my Galaxy S21 5G. It happened after the latest update. Earlier update stopped#WhatsApp being unable to download contents from Dual App, #Samsung pointed the finger at third party, now with Secure Folder. I am not too sure who to turn to now, I hope Samsung doesn't keep on saying us to use the phone without applications after spending some dollars on their phone, or ask us to reset the phone for something that happens to multiple user

102 REPLIES 102
arcJ
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue on S20 FE 5G

0 Likes
SamratCh
Student
Options

This doesn't work on Z fold 2 even, tried all possible steps

Accessed the image location from file storage , tried to move it secure folder it fails

0 Likes
Anmol Jain
First Poster
Options

The same issue i am facing. I have bought the S20 fe phone few days back and facing this issue. I have done all the recent updates. Please help me out.

0 Likes
FlxG
First Poster
Options

Hello. Kinda new to replying so I hope I'm doing it right. I had the same problem with my #note10plus#note10plus. But I may have a solution. After selecting pictures from my gallery, instead of "move to Secure Folder" I used the share option at the bottom. In there, the Secure Folder was available and I was able to share from one to a bunch of pictures and files. I tried it several times and the pics and files did indeed port over to the secure folder. The only thing to keep in mind is that once it moves the items to the Secure Folder, it may not remove them from the Gallery or wherever you started. It may be required to go back and remove them from the public folder. Still fiddling with it but I sincerely hope this helps with the secure folder issue until Samsung addresses it properly. 

RDhamija
Apprentice
Options

You'll find the add files option on the the dots on the main screen of secure folder, not inside gallery or files. 

But don't bother, even that didn't work for me this is a real bug.

RDhamija
Apprentice
Options

This worked, thank you for finding this workaround.

0 Likes
glxy_sam
First Poster
Options

I still see this problem. Not fixed after months? Bssic functionality is broken here!

0 Likes
Aj66bilel
Student
Options
I've tried and still nothing, just the same error message.
It worked well from September until January.
Since then unable to move images into secure folder from my gallery.
0 Likes
account user
Student
Options

What I've learnt is that if its an image that you were sent via any medium you have to take a screenshot of it and then you will be able to send the screenshot to the secured folder. I assume its the same for videos. It doesnt seem to affect media that was created using your own device.

ZULQARNAIN HAIDER
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have the same problem on Samsung A32 soon after installation of updates.

0 Likes