Did you mean: 

Trash Low-light

(Topic created on: 06-03-2021 05:45 PM)
AuracleTech
Explorer
Options

See, I'm a low light guy.

Pictures in low light are just amazing.
And I ordered the S21 Ultra before knowing the iPhone Pro Max 12 has a much finer and better looking low-light.

Take a look at this example.
https://youtu.be/qxRpzr-862Q?t=529

It looks absolutely garbage on the Samsung side.
The hair blends in with the car roof like an old photo from 2008.

Is this something the dev team is working on ?
Also is this only software issue and data management or just poor sensor quality/setup.

15 REPLIES 15
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I have a s20 and I had an 11 pro I know its not the same comparison but I found the s20 night photos mega bright but the iphones alot dimmer but maybe a little more detail on iphone. overall I think samsung vs iphone camera battle come down to picture preference
0 Likes
AuracleTech
Explorer
Options

Samsung crushes the shadows way too much as I saw on multiple videos. I won't have the two phones myself side by side but after tons of videos analysis I can tell they're all legitimate as they have similar result.
Samsung works better than iPhone in high-light but Samsung just compress the shadows in low-light...
Also I wouldn't call bad quality a preference, bad quality is bad quality lets not look away and pretend.

I just want to know if there's an update coming soon to fix this issue.

0 Likes
Vetri
Voyager
Options
low light is not so great at the moment because we have both 12 max and S21U and iPhone defo has the edge when it comes to low light. however the versatility that S21 brings is what I really like about it

April updates will pack in fixes for low light but expect a significant update in September. S21U has one of the best camera hardware so you can't go wrong with s21u

if you are after best of the best then Mi11 U and Mate 50 pro would def blow the competition out of water when its released but I'm mostly Apple or Samsung guy
AuracleTech
Explorer
Options

Ok noted, yeah I already got the S21 and unless it's really bad I won't return it.
Also doubt to be disappointed by a high end phone.

I'll try checking out for April updates then, hopefully this can be fixed.
Low light photos are the most meaningful.

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
to be honest I find the quality fine like I said is just less detail but brighter, thats just my opinion though 🙂
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I am sure, you would get better photos with samsung in Pro Mode or shooting Raw.
If low light is your thing, I'm sure you have no need for point and shoot.
The S21 has great hardware and I'm sure samsung will address issues with software updates.
For you Pro Mode should be the way. so best of luck and post some Awesome pictures.
AuracleTech
Explorer
Options

Maybe it has to do with the nice HDR display of the samsung

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
possibly nothing beats their screens
0 Likes
AuracleTech
Explorer
Options

What I mean is the reason pictures might seem brighter on the phone might be due to the HDR not because the picture itself it brighter