Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The S21 ultra - on a positive note.

(Topic created on: 06-02-2021 01:01 AM)
Guy41
Navigator
Options

After writing a few posts about camera problems I must say gaming is beautiful here. Playing Dead Trigger 2 on ultra high and brigth-ridge with all settings at maximum is fluent, no lags, and almost no excessive heat. Awaiting a camera fix eagerly,esp to improve responsiveness and the ultra slow portrait mode. 

5 REPLIES 5
Notamech
Voyager
Options
Whatch the video from Mr whose the boss on YouTube comparing the snapdragon vs exynos. The image signal processor on the SOC is likely why the images aren't as good and a software update may or may not be able to fix issues with the camera.
Vetri
Voyager
Options
very well said and I'm still in shock that Samsung hasn't stopped giving us hope only to see opposite results in practice
0 Likes
Guy41
Navigator
Options

Just watched the video. I think Arun had a faulty Exynos unit. Like so many of us probably have. My 1st unit was just terrible in terms of overheating but this 2nd one is excellent. I repeated the same test as he had peformed. Ran Antutu 4 times in a row with no noticable decline in performance and cpu temp remained around 40c. See screenshots. I tried to contact him on Twitter to ask him to repeat the test with another Exynos unit. 

Screenshot_20210205-181142_AnTuTu Benchmark.jpg

0 Likes
Guy41
Navigator
Options

That was the 1st test. Attaching 3 more immediate runs here: 

Screenshot_20210205-182121_AnTuTu Benchmark.jpg

Screenshot_20210205-183115_AnTuTu Benchmark.jpg

Screenshot_20210205-184037_AnTuTu Benchmark.jpg

Screenshot_20210205-184054_Cpu Monitor.jpg

0 Likes
Vetri