Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sold phone without reset

(Topic created on: 28-08-2023 01:09 PM)
campfreddy0
Pioneer
Options
Hi
My S21 ultra went wrong, long story short samsung said its beyond theory repair capability. 
I sold it on ebay as spares not working, now the buyer is saying he's got it working but is asking for my passcode so he can reset it? 
Now I'm worried about all my info on it. What can I do I signed it out of samsung remotely which I'm guessing may be a the wrong move 
11 REPLIES 11
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If you can still login to your Samsung account you might able to reset it remotely

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/what-is-find-my-mobile-and-how-can-i-use-it-to-loc...

If you had set it up.
"WI-FI went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family.
They seem like nice people"
campfreddy0
Pioneer
Options
Thanks yes see that but it couldn't find it and said something like when it goes online it will start the erase procedure?
Is this something that works
0 Likes
campfreddy0
Pioneer
Options
Also I have already been there and signed out of the device 🙈
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Never tried it but have it ON.

Unless maybe if the buyer can force reset it or something.

What about Google account? Try if something available there as Google has similar.
"WI-FI went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family.
They seem like nice people"
0 Likes
campfreddy0
Pioneer
Options
Thanks yes done the above sorry via Google account, reset.
I thought was bit strange him asking for code as am I right in thinking he can just hard reset it via button presses
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
No, that won't work, it's FRP protection. The only way is to remove Samsung and Google accounts from the phone, nowhere else.
0 Likes
campfreddy0
Pioneer
Options
This is what the phone is saying do you think all my details are off it as he has reset it...
If I give him my pass key will it access all my info or just a fresh phone Screenshot_20230828_202420_eBay.jpg
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If you give him the PIN, have access to your data and any accounts you have on the phone.

It's not the sort of information I would share with a friend let alone a stranger.
Personally, I would get the phone back, clear it and send it back.
campfreddy0
Pioneer
Options
Yes I was going to ask him if they wanted to do that...
Many thanks
Yes I'm leaving it he'll have to try and get through it somehow or tough luck was sold as spares
0 Likes