Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow charging problems

(Topic created on: 17-04-2023 03:01 PM)
somesang
Pioneer
Options
,my phone has started to slow charge!When I initially plug the cable in,I get a notification to say it is 'slow charging and check the cable' then after it flicks to 'fast charging' and then to 'charging '. I have had no updates prior to this problem .also tried on other cables that were working fine before nothing changes .has anyone else ran Into this issue?all fast features are turned on.phone has been on.charge since 13.30 (started at 28% ) now it is 15.00 (at the time of writing this ) and it's at 51 %.

Cover image

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
somesang
Pioneer
Options
The highest it has gone is to 1100ma and lowest at 60maScreenshot_20230417_150726_Ampere_1000010246_1681743707.jpg
0 Likes
SocietyGirl
Community Manager
Options

Have you tried a different charger? Not the wire, but the plug that the wire goes in to. Also, make sure the wire is USB c to USB c.

Say hi to us on socials -  @SamsungUK

0 Likes
somesang
Pioneer
Options
Yes I have ,im sure it's the port .so I have ordered a new one and will swap them over .as all my chargers are not working on it
0 Likes
somesang
Pioneer
Options
Update,changed the USB port and still having the same problem !
0 Likes
somesang
Pioneer
Options
Has no one had this issue ?! I still have not reolved it
0 Likes
LuLu37
Explorer
Options

I’ve got this issue on my S21 5G since the last 2 recent security patch updates.  My phone (like many others) has been playing up since the Android 13 update, freezing then rebooting or turning off completely multiple times a day.  When the first security patch was released in March my phone stabilised somewhat, I could go 6 days without any freezing etc but I noticed, like yours, it starts fast charging but then just says charging.  Unfortunately since the latest security patch a couple of weeks ago the phone does appear to be freezing/rebooting or switching itself off more frequently again.

Different charger doesn’t work, charging port is fine and before anyone utters the words “have you cleared the cache”…. THAT DOESN’T WORK!

0 Likes
somesang
Pioneer
Options
I wish I had noticed if it was after a update .the only time it came to my attention was when I was in my car,trying to charge it.the message of slow charging came up .so I assumed it was the cable! My phone does not crash .just has the charging problems. I have changed the port (no luck) I have ordered a new charging motherboard flex. Lastly I will try the battery. I will update on here if anything works for me
0 Likes
somesang
Pioneer
Options
Changed the power flex cable and still nothing .I have been looking online and a lot of people seem to have this problem after a update .so I'm guessing mine is the same (as I can't remember if I did update it or not ,I definitely updated it after the issue thinking it would resolve it ).
0 Likes