Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow app installation

(Topic created on: 24-02-2021 06:18 PM)
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
S21 ultra seems to take ages to install apps. My old Huawei was almost instant. Is this a Samsung issue??
46 REPLIES 46
Thermaltake
Journeyman
Options

I noticed that too yesterday while some apps were updated over galaxy store. But still a lot of apps still updates over google store. Don't know what the problem is, is it store or what, but it's not good.

0 Likes
Mark2611
Student
Options

Has anyone find the solution to this problem so far? I have s21 and as know as there is 5g available in my area this has really started to ***** me off. My sister has an iPhone and installation is almost instant (same goes to Xiaomi and Honor devices). Maybe it's because of Exynos chip. It would be nice that Samsung responds to my comment.

Thermaltake
Journeyman
Options

Report error. In samsung memebers app there is an "error reports" button and write down the problem and send it tio them. Maybe they will repair the problem. I report it already, all of you do it too.

0 Likes
adarshxiv
First Poster
Options

I bought S20 FE 5g and I am facing the same issue. Everything is buttery smooth, just when the app is downloaded and it takes forever to install, it hurts my soul. Even my very old Xiaomi Redmi note 4 installs apps way faster.

GionFain
Journeyman
Options

Did you all try the Jaggs' solution?

Settings ->

Battery and device care ->

three dots top right ->

Automation ->

Disable scan for malware.

That hugely improved the Play Store install speed for me too, although the Samsung one is heads and shoulders above

HKH100
Student
Options

Thank you , It worked very well.

0 Likes
HKH100
Student
Options

Settings ->

Battery and device care ->

three dots top right ->

Automation ->

Disable scan for malware.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Thanks. This worked wonders. Improved installation time from up to 1minute to 5 seconds.

0 Likes
Mark2611
Student
Options

It does not work for me. Do you have Snapdragon or Exynos version of the phone?

0 Likes
Jaggs
Explorer
Options
Exynos
0 Likes