Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung s21 ultra NFC issues

(Topic created on: 04-01-2023 12:05 PM)
josephSabo
Explorer
Options
Again here. Lol. Anyone knows a solution for samsung s21 NFC issues? I cannot use it to pay. No Google pay no samsung pay .absolutely nothing. A bit annoying 
8 REPLIES 8
charlas
Navigator
Options
Never had issues with it on mine? Both Samsung and Google pay working fine, as does the basic nfc reader/writer. It is turned on in network isn't it?
Solution
Josh_S
Pioneer
Options

Try visiting Settings > Apps > Tap the three lines to the left of "Your apps" > Select Show system apps > Select "Nfc service" > Storage, then use Clear cache & Clear data. Once that's done, restart the phone.

I had success with this last time I had an NFC issue, so I think it'd be worth a try.

josephSabo
Explorer
Options
Thanks Josh
jason98
First Poster
Options

I have tried this 3 times and it does not work.  My bank asks me to scan my debt card with my S21 Ultra 5g using the NFC feature as a 2nd verification.  Since the Android 12 update it does not work.

0 Likes
Members_azFPu0d
First Poster
Options

Hi Josh

This option is not available to me. My NFC is intermittent sometimes it works but majority of the times it just does not 

0 Likes
Perce
Student
Options

I have tried everything. I have a circle with lines and a line through it. Underneath it says Not Set Up. Everything is set up. I have contacted Samsung, my bank and service provider. Each say there is no fault. To say I am frustrated is an understatement. I never had an issue with my Samsung 7.

0 Likes
Mabbott
Student
Options

I'm still having issues with this, I either get "unsupported tag api"  or "error: java.io.ioexception" when I try to tap the NFC to transfer contact card information from the HiHello app. NFC is enabled and I have the S21 Ultra. I don't seem to have the option to clear the cache in app. Any suggestions? 

0 Likes
Members_hXHue2T
First Poster
Options

You're a life saver!

This worked for me thanks a lot Josh!