Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra Wifi issues

(Topic created on: 03-02-2021 09:02 AM)
Kasim2409
Voyager
Options
So i got my S21 Ultra delivered on Friday and got everything set up however since then i've noticed it's been really slow loading things on my wifi - it's been normal when using mobile data. (i checked on my previous S10+ and it was all okay.) I then did a speedtest and got normal results - around 110mbps download speed but it's still the same slow speed when browsing or using social media such as Instagram for example it takes quite a long time to refresh & load stories. One other thing that has been constant is i keep getting this error pop up on my wifi settings saying Wifi "connected but without internet". I've attached a screenshot aswell. Is anyone else experiencing this problem or know any troubleshoots that can maybe fix this?

37 REPLIES 37
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Just turn on auto reconnect on & it will work how it should..
0 Likes
zekazeka
First Poster
Options

i have the same issue with S21 ultra wifi, it is ok during speedtest, ok to play youtube etc. however at the same time to download/update apps, it takes forever and mostly fail ie to install galaxy buds pro is only 11mb but it could not be completed. now i cannot restore my whatsapp due to this also. i tried the same efforts in my old S9+ without issues at all.

speed test showing 18Mbps

0 Likes
Kasim2409
Voyager
Options
for me it struggles to play youtube and same with whatsapp, at first it wouldn't let me restore but i finally managed to do it
0 Likes
zekazeka
First Poster
Options

very worrying for me 😥

0 Likes
TeslaDriver85
First Poster
Options

Same here, got my S21 Ultra now for 5 Days .Open a game or my Bank would load a very long time or cancle. Only on Wifi. ON Mobile Data there is no problem. But Speedtest give me full power. Cant find the problem.

AnyShark
Student
Options

I had the same problem. When joining some networks I get connected and after 1 second it says "Connected without internet" or  it couldn't find an IP-adress. I found a fix on another forum for the S20 and this worked for me:
Turn off change to mobile data automaticly

Set your MAC adress to phone mac.

And there you have it. I also turned off Google Location Accuracy, haven't tried to turn it on after. It seems like this is a Samsung issue that isn't fixed over several models. 

Link to forum that helped me: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S20/Samsung-s20-ultra-dropping-WiFi-connection-constantly...

Second to last comment on page 6, and I also turned on phone mac adress. One hour now and fully connected to the office network after no connection yesterday and this morning.

Hope this helps and a fix from Samsung soon! 

EDIT: Apps on wifi are still really sluggish while speedtest says full download speed. It might be that most apps aren't updated to support this phone yet or full support of Android 11/One UI 3.1. It seems that they are way slower to load when I haven't used them in a while, but this is my second day with the phone so I guess the AI hasn't got a hang of my usage yet and that might be the real problem here. 

Kasim2409
Voyager
Options
Thanks for the tip! i managed to turn off change to Mobile Data automatically and turned off Google Location Accuracy. i'm a little confused on how to set my MAC address to phone MAC...could you explain how to do that? :smiling-face:
0 Likes
AnyShark
Student
Options

In the WiFi settings you go to the settings for the network you're connected to (the * on the right). Furthest down you go to advanced. Press the MAC-adress type and choose phone MAC (I have my phone on norwegian so I hope I've translated it close to english). 

I still have some apps that sometimes work on the office network and sometimes don't, so this is not the solution for speedy surfing around. At home I have absolutely no problems with the speed, so I guess the phone hates old routers... 

Kasim2409
Voyager
Options
Thanks but i think i figured it out anyway 😅. It was such an easy fix (not sure why i never thought of it earlier) but all you have to do is reset Network Settings which resets your Wifi, Mobile Data & Bluetooth settings and then reconnect to your Wifi and it should all be good from there. I did it last night and i haven't had any issues at all, maybe go for that? To do that you have to go to "Settings" --> "General Management" --> "Reset" --> "Reset Network Settings". Hope that helps :smiling-face:
0 Likes
Onyx051
Journeyman
Options
Having exactly the same issue at the moment. Unfortunately resetting network settings hasn't fixed it for me 😕
0 Likes