Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 screen scratches

(Topic created on: 24-09-2021 11:18 AM)
Bencha
Student
Options
Has anyone else had issues with the S21 screen. I've had the phone for under 2 weeks and there are several scratches already. I removed the screen protector but have a wallet style holder. I've had an S2, S5 and S8+ over the years but never had this problem before.
19 REPLIES 19
5ayf
Pathfinder
Options
There is also a factory installed screen protector which is nearly visible. That's where you may have the scratches. I would recommend purchasing a new screen protector prior to removing the factory installed one. The screen itself shouldn't scratch so easily.
Bencha
Student
Options
Thank you, I've just put my finger nail in the corner and realised that there is another removable film! Thanks for your help.
andykod77
Navigator
Options
Wait what ,so there are 2 factory installed screen protectors? I've yet to remove any I only thought it was the 1
5ayf
Pathfinder
Options
There's a proper screen protector which is comes pre-installed with the usual plastic you get with any new phone on top lol
andykod77
Navigator
Options
Yeah thanks m8 I didn't realise I just took the top one off now
5ayf
Pathfinder
Options
You're very welcome 😀
CommunityUser
First Poster
Options

Yes, mine is also scratched from normal use. I've never seen anything like it. The screen is "Ultra" fragile and all this nonsense about a screen protector is a diversion from the root cause.

Members_ZedFBsK
First Poster
Options

Mine was scratched to b*ggery after a couple of months - saw this and another thread, looked VERY carefully at the screen and sure enough, another factory-fitted plastic screen protector. My phone looks new again. LOOK CLOSELY AT THE SCREEN.

sbmongoos
First Poster
Options

I removed these films when I got my S21 Ultra. But still seeing scratches show up and I baby my phone. Just noticed a new one today. How do you get scratches out. Never really had these issues with previous phones.