Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 FE android 14 restarting

(Topic created on: 10-12-2023 10:40 AM)
Members_yGNcfya
First Poster
Options

My S21 FE updated to Android 14 yesterday and restarts either randomly or each time I do something for the first time. As I worked my way through the settings the phone freezes and then restarts itself and after it has been sleeping for a few minutes it restarts rather than wakes up.

It would freeze with Outlook, Brave and Chrome but all 3 updated this morning and they now work. 

Clearly Samsung have seriously screwed up and are they aware of the problem and when will they fix it. I have never had an issue with updates and have been with Samsung since the S10.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there

When did you last perform a Wipe Partition Cache on your device?

If not for a whole, would recommend. 👌
S24 Ultra
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
You can also Repair apps via the Recovery Menu.
S24 Ultra
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Members_yGNcfya It is certainly advisable to clear the cache partition after updates, temporary cache files are deleted but your Data is intact.  can help with freezes/lags and restarts.  Ensure also that your apps are up to Date, sometimes third party apps can cause a conflict and  if still problem it would indicate recently installed apps may be the culprit if the issue is not present in Safe Mode.    Details on Safe Mode here https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
lee815
Pathfinder
Options

Samsung should put in place an automatic Wipe Partition Cache every time there's an update, because the average user doesn't know how to do it.

0 Likes