Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 can I return the phone if the camera not working properly ??

(Topic created on: 24-04-2021 03:41 PM)
TheEyes
Pioneer
Options
So the camera is making blurry photos with close objects. No changes after settings reset.. also in safe mode exactly the same .. no matter options u change .. indoor outdoor.. 64k.. normal quality it's also the same on video blurry with close objects and u cannot read text. Its only working OK if u zoom it from 0.5 to 1.0 .. after 1.0 its OK but that's because its working with the second camera I guess. Even if u take photo from far and zoom in after its the same u cannot read text or what ever it's not about close photos it's about small objects like letters are  blurry always. So can I return this phone or replace it with s21 Ultra for example ? What is the return policy about blurry or broken camera ? Pls don't ask about the lens. The lens is clean and clear.. the camera is broken.

0 Likes
33 REPLIES 33
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
"the mimum focus distance is not related to the lighting conditions at all.. as long as the sensor is able to see something it will be able to focus as it should."

That's kind of the point I'm illustrating. Regardless of whether the sensor physically can focus closer, its unable to do that given a less than ideal lighting condition. You're arguing over a technicality but the end result is still the same. It just shows the S21 camera system can focus on its subjects better than the note 10 line in a wider range of lighting conditions.

Honestly your preferences are your own and no one can disagree with them, but personally owning both and using them both in a wide variety of situations, I'd take the S21 Ultra cameras over the note 10s in the majority of situations.
0 Likes
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

I mean, if it is not pitch black where there is nothing to see, the focus distance is determined via a pretty long series of physical equations with the sensor dimension aperture and focal as variables and by resolving those you can estimate that the sensors in the 10 series can focus closer with the main sensor compared to the sensor of the s21 ultra and s20 ultra by quite a bit.

The fact that the s21 ultra uses the ultra wide to cover that range where it cannot focus is another thing, and I would not consider it in this post since it is another different focal which gives a different (and worst) result distorsion wise compared to what the note 10 sensor can do at minimal focus compared to the s21 ultra ultra wide when targeting the note 10 minimum focus level

Archer
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
The thing is it doesn't have this distorted effect when up close. It's also far more detailed and sharper than any close up shot you can achieve on the Note 10/S10 and in more light conditions. You really haven't used them side by side to tell the difference like I have, so whilst you may have your opinions, I respectfully decline your judgement in view of my own experience and therefore the main sensor focal range is in my opinion a moot point since the S21 Ultra has that covered in spades.
0 Likes
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

I respectfully have to decline your judgement since I used the s21 ultra for one week and I still have and had the s10 plus at the time and if close ups with the ultra wide where fine for casual shots for pics of pages they where unusable

Archer
0 Likes