Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21+ boot loop

(Topic created on: 07-06-2022 09:50 PM)
Maxim K
First Poster
Options

My S21+ went in boot loop. I pulled it out of my pocket to call a taxi and found that touch screen does not work. It was opening up by face id but still did not react to screen presses at all. Then I forcefully rebooted it and it never boot again. It boots up to android logo and reboots. Also it does not enter recovery mode.

Samsung care tried to reflash it (wondering how if it does not enter recovery) but did not help so they told that need to replace motherboard. Unfortunately warranty ended couple of month ago. Repair cost almost like this phone one year ago.

I am thinking it may be issue that either memory or some SoC legs unsoldered. Very strange that it cannot enter recovery even. Or maybe power button broke, but it is clicking as usual..

Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Unfortunately I haven't if a Samsung Service Centre can't remedy the situation without having to open up the phone and carry out work @Maxim K 

I appreciate repair costs can be expensive especially when the phone's value is at it is.

Do you have any insurance such as home contents insurance or some Bank Accounts provide cover as a perk of the account ?

If the warranty has expired then you could try a repair shop however you wouldn't know what parts they'd use , possibly non official parts and could introduce more issues and dust into the phone and possibly no guarantee on the work.

Personally I wouldn't recommend this option however it's your phone and your choice.

If I really wanted that phone back up and running then I'd go the Samsung repair route.

You could sell it as a non working model or trade it in on Samsungs website if it's a model they accept , and use that trade in value against a new phone.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

mayank
First Poster
Options

I am also facing the same issue, went to service centre and they are asking to hard reset to check this will solve the problem or not...

0 Likes