Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 battery drainage problem

(Topic created on: 19-03-2023 02:34 AM)
urielneves
Journeyman
Options

Hi, everyone.

I updated my S21 to the OneUI 5 (Android 13) on December 27, 2022. Since that update and the two security updates after that (before One UI 5.1), battery duration dropped significantly, it's lasting less than 50% of what it did before those updates. I waited for the OneUI 5.1 update to see if it would solve it, but it didn't help at all and I didn't change my usage pattern. Can someone look into this? Is there a place where I can submit this for investigation?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You can send feedback via your Samsung Members app @urielneves 

But also look in your Battery and Device Care Section under Battery to see what's using your resources.

Also as a good generic troubleshooting guide also try > Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

urielneves
Journeyman
Options

I did, she said that could be related to too many apps open and features enabled (but like I said, I didn't change my usage pattern), and they asked me to follow these steps:

1 - To optimize my phone (which I already had done before)

2 - Turn off features I don't use (which I already had done before)

3 - Clear apps cache (done)

4 - Reset apps preferences (I didn't change my usage pattern, and the options I chose before were to save battery for most of them)

5 - Run a battery calibration (*#0228# doesn't work on S21, says "Connection problem or MMI code invalid) 

6 - Check battery status through Samsung Members app (the path she mentioned doesn't exists)

I checked the battery and device care section and it shows battery usage for apps of 20%. The other 65% are missing (I use the adaptive battery option).

I did the "clear cache files" thing. However, the information to reach recovery mode is incorrect in the website you pointed.

Thank you for your assistance so far. Is there a place where I can submit this for investigation or someone I can talk to?

GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
1. Make sure all apps are updated in both Samsung and Google app stores.
2. Keep everything adaptive and or auto as one ui 5.1 is quiet good with its auto optimisations.
Don't close apps just let them remain cached or in sleep mode.

3. Download Good guardians and run the galaxy app optimiser. Should the around 15 mins depending on amount of apps you have. Do it after every update.
urielneves
Journeyman
Options

1. They always are.

2. Always had done this way.

3. There isn't a "Good Guardians" app in the Galaxy Store here (I'm brazilian, don't know if this is related to its unavailability). Where is this "Galaxy app optimizer" at, please?

Thank you for your assistance so far.

0 Likes
Kuzurii
Journeyman
Options
Same here wuth my galaxy s21 ultra , have tried so much to solve this battery drain problem even swapped for brand new battery and guess what old battery performed as same as new one .... at this point in run out of options... everything on the phone optimised... 60hz , 5goff , hd + , all apps in deep sleep section.....
0 Likes
urielneves
Journeyman
Options

Kinda feels like they did it on purpose to force us switch to a new gen Galaxy S. At least for the 5 years of security updates we should have the phone working at the best performance possible.

0 Likes