Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 5g very bad performance in games

(Topic created on: 19-12-2021 12:54 AM)
valentin387
First Poster
Options

First of all device is 6 weeks old..before last 2 updates everything went great,good game performance good battery life,around 5 hours on screen time..now it cannot play games like mobile legends on low with 30fps ( it runs well for around 15 min and then its just very laggy,I see freezing pictures at times given) i m afraid to try genshin impact or other demanding title.

I noticed another thing,when I m ingame and receive a notification,message or whatever thats when it starts to be laggy and heat up mostly,also there is a blueish edge band when this kicks in (edge notification and menu is disabled)

I have done a full wipe after getting android 12 and cache wipe and clear cache partition,but after the latest update i only done a clear cache partition and I refuse to do a full wipe whenever i get a new update because it makes no sense and don t have the time to do it again and again.

What is there left to be done? Because at this point my old s8 seems much faster in games than my brand new s21..

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
AndrewL
Options

@valentin387: Regarding your game performance, have you tried heading to Settings > Display > Motion Smoothness > Adaptive, to see if you notice an improvement? If notifications are interrupting your gaming, or causing performance issues, then you may wish to head to Settings > Advanced Features > Bixby Routines > Add Routine > If > App Opened > Game Launcher (or select 'If Game Is Being Played') > Then > Notifications > Do Not Disturb. You could also head to Settings > Notifications, and set this to Detailed to prevent any Edge Lightning issues. Let me know how you get on. 

Gavlee2010
Voyager
Options
Use game launcher and go into game booster and block notifications I block everything. Screenshot_20211219-193756_Game Booster_10708_1639942676.jpgScreenshot_20211219-193801_Game Booster_10709_1639942681.jpg
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yeah game launcher is good for blocking notifications and phone calls during games.
Downside is if you miss an important call or notifications you had it.

Also look for app updates as lots haven't been working well with Android 12.
0 Likes
valentin387
First Poster
Options
The thing i found to make it better is to install good guardians and acces thermal guardian and lift the limit
0 Likes
N1NJATH3ORY
Voyager
Options
Your on android 12 that's the problem not all apps games are optimized for android 12 just downgrade to android 11 and your gaming will be fine!
0 Likes
valentin387
First Poster
Options
Update.
I noticed after i ve put game launcher to run the games on performance mode instead of optimised there is no need for other tweaks so the problem is mos def a software one,it did took me 10 days to try them all but i finally got it,ty for your tips.
0 Likes
jsjdw4839
First Poster
Options

I observed after i ve positioned sport launcher to run the video games on performance mode instead of optimized there's no need for different tweaks so the problem is mos def a software one. Learn more about it.

0 Likes
valentin387
First Poster
Options
I managed to make it work after raising the temperature to max in thermal guardian but the last update ruined it again,throttling to the max after 10 min of any game or basicly app,been to store they said device is fine or they don t want to fix or swap it
0 Likes
richardatkins
First Poster
Options

I thought I was the only one with this problem. It turns out that the Samsung galaxy s21 phone is just not designed for games. But if the processor power is not enough for games, then such a phone's longevity and multitasking ability will not be great. It's a shame to admit it. I waited a long time for the release of the s21 and got such a surprise. I hope the s22 and s22+ phone won't have this problem as the previous phone completely failed to live up to its price. Although, if you look at it that way, many things turn into monotonous garbage released every year. Take video games, for example. It's painful to look at the gaming industry right now—for example, the game FIFA 2022. It doesn't seem worth the money asked for in the official store. It's better to purchase such things on various platforms. Specifically, FIFA 2022 can be bought for good money here https://www.cdkeysforgames.com/games/steam-games/fifa-22/. Have a great day.

0 Likes