Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 5g Restart Issue

(Topic created on: 01-10-2021 08:36 PM)
Thinker
Journeyman
Options
I purchased S21 just after the launch in January. Device used to restart 4-5 times a day. It was having restart issue from last 3-4 months. I reported it to samsung and they asked me to do various things for troubleshooting. It was still same. I even factory reset but still same. I even sent them error reports through samsung member app after every restart. Then i got a reply saying there is a hardware issue with my device.Then they asked me to send to samsung care center. They kept it there for a week and returned me with a note stating no issues found. It is a big joke. Then i started using device but still same it was restarting at unusual times. Sometimes 3-4 times in a minute. So i had to call them and arrange a collection for repair again. It is very bad experience with Samsung. I have been asking them to solve my device issue but their process are very harassing. It is only 9 months after i purchase. Under warranty but they don't care. My wife has to use her friend's old broken screen phone . Can not afford to buy new one. Any idea How long does Samsung take to solve the issue.
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
A_Google_user
Explorer
Options
I'm having the same issue 😕
0 Likes
Thinker
Journeyman
Options
Did they say anything?
Samsung has to solve it asap.
Either they refund or solve the issue
0 Likes
A_Google_user
Explorer
Options
I've not been to Samsung yet, I'm trying some stuff out.. apparently its sometimes by a reboot loop and I've been given instructions how to break it, so far so good but I'll know if it's worked by the morning. If not my phones going back to O2 to be replaced as its very new. Pain in the ***** though 😬
0 Likes
Thinker
Journeyman
Options
Ok..
Thanks for sharing experience.
Good luck
A_Google_user
Explorer
Options
And you. I was told by O2 to put the phone in safe mode for 10-20 mins then turn safe mode off.. it seems to of removed my themes and changes I made to the screen setup.. so far it's not restarted but time will tell. If you want to try it, hold down the ppwer/bixby button and volume down. When the power off/restart screen pops up, press and hold power off. It asks if u want to start safe mode.. agree and see what happens 🤞 (it doesn't screw your phone up or delete pics etc so don't worry).
0 Likes
Thinker
Journeyman
Options
I purchased it from Samsung. I did not try that. But i have already sent it to samsung care. They said they can not fix it. So just waiting for the options they have
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If you have been using smartswitch just do a full reset and start phone from scratch by installing apps manually.

I always do the same and only get my contacts and photos from the cloud.

Most people who done the smatswitch transfer had the issues.
0 Likes
Bradleigh
Voyager
Options
Download the latest version of firmware form your model via sammobile thermyre are faster alternatives, also use odometer and flash it from scratch, this helped my mates s21 ultra that was restarting and overheating 🙏 YouTube will help you with doing very simple and straight forward
0 Likes