Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21+ 5G notification delay

(Topic created on: 23-04-2021 01:19 PM)
emmilenni
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Mine and few other S21+ -phones have the same problem: every notification, was it snapchat, ig, text or something else, comes late. At the worst they come multiple hours late. It doesn't matter are you using wifi or  your operators internet and doesn't depend on where you are. Mine has been in service, I have reset the network settings, reset the whole phone to the factory settings, changed the som-card, updated my subscription from 4G to 5G and nothing has worked. Samsung service advised that I should take the Volte-calls off, that didn't also help.

It seems to be a software problem?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @emmilenni ,

that is not looking right to me. Can you confirm if this is affecting only third-party apps? Are all these apps up to date? You can check this by heading into the Google Play Store> My apps and games> Install all. 

0 Likes
emmilenni
First Poster
Options

No, it affects every app that has a notification and all apps are up to date. And if I for example, open whatsapp, it doesn't give the notification on the phone but on the app I can see that there are new messages. Same goes for normal texts, update notifications, weather, facebook etc. It doesn't depend on network, wifi, location, where is you're phone subscription. I can be watching youtube with no problem and still notifications don't come through.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Can you try your phone in Safe Mode to see if a third party app is causing this to happen? To do this press and hold the Power button until you see Power Off, Restart and Emergency. Press and hold the Power Off icon until it shows a Shield, tap the Shield and the device will restart in Safe Mode.

0 Likes
emmilenni
First Poster
Options

Hi, tried that and it didn't help. 

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

If the issue persists in Safe Mode and after resetting the phone, a repair will be the next step. Please contact our dedicated Support Team to have a look at your available options: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes